Why is Mass so hard to find today?

Has anyone else had this issue? Luckily I was able to go to the cathedral where they had a noon Mass, but other than that the pickings are slim. Most parishes had their typical morning Mass and that's it. My home parish added an extra Mass at night, but I wasn't going to be in the area and still wanted to go to Mass today for the Immaculate Conception. I get that it's not a Holy Day of Obligation, but still. Our Lady of Guadalupe is not a Holy Day of Obligation either, yet there are all kinds of Masses for that day (along with special music and food, etc.). Has anyone else had it any easier?

Yes I have it easier and I am glad you posted this so I can be thankful. In my City there are Masses at y 7AM/9AM/Noon/3:30 pm at the Catholic Hospital/ 4PM and 6PM

I'm glad you were able to make it to Mass as you so desired.
Immaculate Mary your praises we sing......
Mary.

Every Catholic church i saw today was having Mass this morning. I know my parish had a 8:30 Mass but that was the only one they were having today. Usually Monday is the only day my parish doesn't have Mass.

My parish has several Masses. 3 on Sundays and that doesn't count the other Masses in the old historic church (TLM, Polish, and Spanish)

Normally we don't have a Monday Mass at our parish, but today we had Mass at noon and at 5:10 p.m.

I think it depends on where you are in the country (or world).

The options availible were extensive in my part of the USA (north east).

But we are small states compared to other parts of the country. It was not hard to find.

That's one problem I don't have here. We can go morning, late morning, almost noon, or possibly noon, and evening masses.

I'm in Philadelphia. I do find it "interesting" that most parishes treated today just like any other Monday (as far as scheduling Mass) but lots are having a special, evening Mass for Thursday.

If The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe is very important, then why not make it a Holy Day in the US and/or Americas? :shrug:

I think a few of the parishes in my area had the morning, noon, and evening Masses. Not all of them though.

I actually did it a bit different. I went on December 7th to an evening OF Mass which celebrated the 2nd Sunday in Advent. Then on December 8th I went to a EF Mass which celebrated the Immaculate Conception since in the old calendar, the Immaculate Conception takes precedence over the Sundays in Advent. So it worked out perfectly :D.

[quote="GangGreen, post:9, topic:347649"]
I think a few of the parishes in my area had the morning, noon, and evening Masses. Not all of them though.

I actually did it a bit different. I went on December 7th to an evening OF Mass which celebrated the 2nd Sunday in Advent. Then on December 8th I went to a EF Mass which celebrated the Immaculate Conception since in the old calendar, the Immaculate Conception takes precedence over the Sundays in Advent. So it worked out perfectly :D.

[/quote]

Very interesting. Personally, I went to a parish in Philadelphia (by my office) which always has 5 daily Masses (at 7:45am, 8:30am, 12:05pm, 1:05pm & 5:15pm). The Parish is run by the Capuchins.

However, it was a little weird... they skipped the 2nd reading and went straight to the Gospel after the Psalm. I was wondering if the Lay Lector simply got confused and skipped the 2nd reading since she was both the Lector and Cantor.... :shrug:

For all those who went to Mass today, did they read the 2nd reading before the Gospel?

I could not find an evening Mass for today and I live in a heavily populated Catholic area. Sad.

We have daily Mass, except for Fridays. We adjust our schedule as need for HDOs.

[quote="phil19034, post:10, topic:347649"]
For all those who went to Mass today, did they read the 2nd reading before the Gospel?

[/quote]

Yes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.