Why is St Catherins monistory noted as the Mt Sinai area

Why is St Catherins monistory noted as the Mt Sinai area when the Bible tells us it is elswear, eg. in Arabia (Galatians4; 25)
And God fired the top of the mountain so shouldnt it still be black, and all the mentions made in Exodus 16, 19, 20, 24, and then in 1Kings 19:8 and where is the waters of Marah…in Arabia etc.
I would like to know please the truth.
Thanks
littleone.

I hope this doesn’t sound harsh, but your question doesn’t make sense. St. Catherine’s Monastery did not exist at the time Galatians was written so how can it be mentioned in the Bible, in Galatians or anywhere else?

I believe the OP is referring to Mt. Sinai's location.  St. Catherine's monastery,  one of the oldest or the oldest monastery,  is located on what is now taken to be Mt. Sinai.  Some believe that  Mt. Sinai  of  the early Bible is actually  located on the Arabian peninsula.

There is actual archaelogical & Biblical evidence  to support these claims.

Constantine’s mother Helena set it up because that is where they thought it was.

However, the following should be considered:

Jebel el Lawz - Mount Sinai

Images

[LEFT]Golden Calf Altar - Jebel el Lawz

Fenced boulder pile, boulders are inscribed with drawings of calves.

Security Guard Shack

Security Fence - Jebel el Lawz

Boundary Marker Stones

Exodus 19:12 - Boundary Stones - Jebel el Lawz (Mount Sinai). More boundary markers are seen equally spaced below this point.

Moses’ Altar

Exodus 24:4 - Altar at the foot of Jebel el Lawz.

Jebel el Lawz Summit

Streambed

Small Shrine? - Jebel el Lawz

12 Pillars - Jebel el Lawz

Exodus 24:4 - The 12 pillars representing the 12 tribes of Israel were apparently erected here.

Split Rock? - Horeb - Jebel el Lawz

Exodus 17:6

Split Rock of Horeb?

[/LEFT]

%between%

Thank you, BluesPicker! Light has dawned. Silly me.

Sorry, littleone.

There is a rather popular video going around purporting the discovery of Mt. Sinai in Arabia. These articles address those claims:

biblearchaeology.org/post/2008/06/Is-Mount-Sinai-in-Saudi-Arabia.aspx#Article

ldolphin.org/sinai.html

Ha! no problem, I am asking why the church way back in the year 600 or near allowed the site at St Catherins monistery to be accepted as the real Mt Sinai, when the church knows that this is not so, and that millions of people world wide have paid to go there where it is well known that the area is not the real place. I have given biblical reference, Galatians, Exodus, 1 Kings etc that prove the point.
Godbless
littleone

Images

[left]Golden Calf Altar - Jebel el Lawz

Fenced boulder pile, boulders are inscribed with drawings of calves.

Security Guard Shack

Security Fence - Jebel el Lawz

Boundary Marker Stones

Exodus 19:12 - Boundary Stones - Jebel el Lawz (Mount Sinai). More boundary markers are seen equally spaced below this point.

Moses’ Altar

Exodus 24:4 - Altar at the foot of Jebel el Lawz.

Jebel el Lawz Summit

Streambed

Small Shrine? - Jebel el Lawz

12 Pillars - Jebel el Lawz

Exodus 24:4 - The 12 pillars representing the 12 tribes of Israel were apparently erected here.

Split Rock? - Horeb - Jebel el Lawz

Exodus 17:6

Split Rock of Horeb?

Hi Buffilo are your references those that I gave (they seem the same) OR…do you have others I have not? I tried to use your internet one and i could not get dialtone there so is there another way of getting the info. Thanks.
Godbless
littleone

I do not understand your question.
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.