Why is this guy not being featured here in Catholic Answer?

Like the title of my post,
Why is this guy not being featured here in Catholic Answer website?

The Catholic and Christian Internet world is going crazy about this seminarian's
YouTube music videos.

It was featured on the popular Catholic magazine website.
Faith & Family magazine, To read the article: faithandfamilylive.com/blog/seminarian_rap/

We all need to support this seminarian ministry and spread the word. :)

Attn: Admin of this website, get a hold of this seminarian and feature him here.

That was great, and I am an old lady who gave up on popular music in the early 1980's :lol:

As I see it, the main thrust of this site is apologetics rather than entertainment. Good to link him, but the Church is not hurting from a lack of entertainment, but rather a lack of catechetics.

[quote="po18guy, post:3, topic:215913"]
As I see it, the main thrust of this site is apologetics rather than entertainment. Good to link him, but the Church is not hurting from a lack of entertainment, but rather a lack of catechetics.

[/quote]

I beg to disagree with you.
This is one of the tool the Church can use for the "New Evangelization". Holy Father's Motu Proprio "Ubicumque Et Semper" formally established today, by Pope Benedict XVI . "ALWAYS AND EVERYWHERE"

ps, I know this is apologetics website, it does not mean apologetics ONLY.
Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > *Popular Media *:rolleyes:

God Bless!:)

[quote="JVSantos, post:4, topic:215913"]
I beg to disagree with you.
This is one of the tool the Church can use for the "New Evangelization". Holy Father's Motu Proprio "Ubicumque Et Semper" formally established today, by Pope Benedict XVI . "ALWAYS AND EVERYWHERE"

ps, I know this is apologetics website, it does not mean apologetics ONLY.
Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > *Popular Media *:rolleyes:

God Bless!:)

[/quote]

You asked. I opined. Difference of opinion makes the world go round. I will be a little more comfortable once he's ordained.

[quote="po18guy, post:5, topic:215913"]
You asked. I opined. Difference of opinion makes the world go round. I will be a little more comfortable once he's ordained.

[/quote]

You are 100% right, it's good to hear a different opinion.
I thank you for your respond.

Right now he’s just a seminarian that raps, I’m sure he touched a lot of young people lives through his music already.
I’m also sure that Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit is inspiring this guy to evangelize through rap.
God willing, once he's ordained priest everyone's going to pay attention.
I'll look back to this thread and post "I told you so" :thumbsup:
I bookmark this thread.:)

a quote from his website;
“I simply want to bring the Gospel message to my generation in a language young people will understand.The Hip-Hop culture has made a huge impact in the world since its arrival in the early 1980s. Today, the influence of hip-hop culture is everywhere. Rap the music of this culture has reached every nation. Music can have a very powerful impact on the minds of people. Nowadays the mainstream rap music we hear on the radio is all about sex, drugs, money and greed. Rap is being used as a way to glorify a sinful lifestyle. So my response to this is, why not use rap in a positive way to promote peace, true love and unity?
Rap is a beautiful form of poetry, to tell a story in five minutes by weaving words together in a dynamic way is powerful! My hope is to bring the Gospel to all nations, by using rap music according to God’s will.”

:thumbsup:

Check this out before its too late.:thumbsup:
ENJOY! and BE INSPIRED!

m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=ibhTMyyaChA

m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=ys9SoOv7gyI

m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=qs9Jl5yPPKo

I apologize,:(
let me try again,:)
Here's is the right Link :thumbsup:

click youtube.com/watch?v=ys9SoOv7gyI

click youtube.com/watch?v=ibhTMyyaChA

click youtube.com/watch?v=qs9Jl5yPPKo

It would be impossible for Catholic Answers to keep up with every great Catholic resource out there. Further, CA exists primarily to produce apologetics materials, not to serve as a storehouse of links to Catholic resources. The CA website does not include a "favorite links" section. There are no links to EWTN or other such Catholic apostolates.

That said, CA is now piloting a Video section of their website. If you think these videos are of the type CA is looking for and should be included, contact CA directly and let them know. Posting here in the forums is not likely to get the attention of the appropriate CA staff member.

I would also recommend reformulating your question. "Why is this guy not being featured here in Catholic Answer?" is kind of combative. It has the connotation that you don't think CA knows what they're doing, and you know better than they do.

A better way would be to say "Hey, I came across this seminarian who makes really great videos for promoting the Catholic faith. Is there any chance you could highlight his videos in the video portion of your site, or perhaps include a blurb about him in an upcoming issue of This Rock magazine?"

Notice the difference? How you ask is important. It can determine whether you get brushed aside or taken seriously.

[quote="Joe_5859, post:9, topic:215913"]
It would be impossible for Catholic Answers to keep up with every great Catholic resource out there. Further, CA exists primarily to produce apologetics materials, not to serve as a storehouse of links to Catholic resources. The CA website does not include a "favorite links" section. There are no links to EWTN or other such Catholic apostolates.

That said, CA is now piloting a Video section of their website. If you think these videos are of the type CA is looking for and should be included, contact CA directly and let them know. Posting here in the forums is not likely to get the attention of the appropriate CA staff member.

I would also recommend reformulating your question. "Why is this guy not being featured here in Catholic Answer?" is kind of combative. It has the connotation that you don't think CA knows what they're doing, and you know better than they do.

A better way would be to say "Hey, I came across this seminarian who makes really great videos for promoting the Catholic faith. Is there any chance you could highlight his videos in the video portion of your site, or perhaps include a blurb about him in an upcoming issue of This Rock magazine?"

Notice the difference? How you ask is important. It can determine whether you get brushed aside or taken seriously.

[/quote]

I appreciate your comment, and point well taken.
Will use this information in the future, Thank you :)

btw. The USCCB Clergy Secretariat are now well informed regarding the seminarian's work.:thumbsup:

God Bless

[quote="JVSantos, post:10, topic:215913"]
I appreciate your comment, and point well taken.
Will use this information in the future, Thank you :)

btw. The USCCB Clergy Secretariat are now well informed regarding the seminarian's work.:thumbsup:

God Bless

[/quote]

Glad to see you're spreading the word. ;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.