Why Jesus on the crucifix?

How is the best way to explain to a non-Catholic as to why we Catholic’s still have Jesus on the Cross (crucifix)? Please explain in much detail so even the most skeptic can understand it. Thank you

Perhaps the words of Scripture are the best testimony:

For Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles… - 1 Cor 1:23

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. - 1 Cor 2:2

And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up… - John 3:14

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. - John 3:16

The cross is essential to Christianity. It is the means through which God redeemed the world and showed His love for us. Why would we hide that?

Christ is indeed risen, but risen after being crucified for our sins. There is no Easter Sunday without Good Friday, they are intrinsically linked.

To be a Christian is to embrace the crosses we face (Luke 9:23), seeing a crucifix reminds us of that.

When people say we shouldn’t see Jesus on a cross, it reminds me of: Let the Messiah, the King of Israel, come down now from the cross that we may see and believe. - Mark 15:32

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.