Why Lord Jesus came to us?

Hi

Why Lord Jesus came to us? What was his purpose in becoming flesh and making his home among us?

The question is simple enough, and tho the answer could answered with “to bring all of us home to him in heaven”, the “how” and “why” requires a lot of explaining.

You may be interested in more. If so this is a quick answer page.

catholicity.com/baltimore-catechism/

May God guide and protect you.

He became like us so that we could be like him.

He became like us because he loves us and wants us to be with him forever.

-Tim-

Thanks for answers

But would you please present some verses of Bible and quoting of Fathers that explain it?

God Bless you

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Our Lord Jesus came to the earth to teach us the Truth, give us a means of preserving His Truth (the Holy Catholic Church), and redeem us by His supreme act of Love by dying on the Cross to atone for our sins and then rise again on the third day to restore us to new life.

Jesus gave life and meaning to human existence and gave us the hope of an eternal union with God Thrice Holy: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in Heaven.

May God bless you all abundantly and forever! :slight_smile:

Throughout the Jewish history they had to make sacrifices for their sins. When the temple was built in Jerusalem, people would bring (or buy) animals without blemish to be sacrificed and their sins were atoned.

Christ came to be the final sacrifice - the atonement for our sins.

This is from Bible Hub:

New International Version
1My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Remember when he died the sky became dark, there was an earthquake and the curtain separating people from the Holy of Holies was torn from the top to the bottom in half. Christ said, “It is finished.”

We’re so blessed God loved us so much to allow His Son to become that sacrifice so that we who believe in Christ are saved.

Love all the answers!!

God bless!

Rita

That’s it right there.

God who created us became part of his creation out of love so that we could be with the one who loves us forever.

That’s all anyone really needs to know. It doesn’t have to be more complicated than that.

-Tim-

Catechism of the Catholic Church
PART ONE
THE PROFESSION OF FAITH

SECTION TWO
THE PROFESSION OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

CHAPTER TWO
I BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST, THE ONLY SON OF GOD

ARTICLE 3
“HE WAS CONCEIVED BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND BORN OF THE VIRGIN MARY”

Paragraph 1. The Son of God Became Man

I. WHY DID THE WORD BECOME FLESH?

456 With the Nicene Creed, we answer by confessing: “For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven; by the power of the Holy Spirit, he became incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and was made man.”

457 The Word became flesh for us in order to save us by reconciling us with God, who “loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins”: “the Father has sent his Son as the Savior of the world”, and “he was revealed to take away sins”:70

Sick, our nature demanded to be healed; fallen, to be raised up; dead, to rise again. We had lost the possession of the good; it was necessary for it to be given back to us. Closed in the darkness, it was necessary to bring us the light; captives, we awaited a Savior; prisoners, help; slaves, a liberator. Are these things minor or insignificant? Did they not move God to descend to human nature and visit it, since humanity was in so miserable and unhappy a state?71
458 The Word became flesh so that thus we might know God’s love: "In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him."72 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."73

459 The Word became flesh to be our model of holiness: “Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me.” "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."74 On the mountain of the Transfiguration, the Father commands: "Listen to him!"75 Jesus is the model for the Beatitudes and the norm of the new law: "Love one another as I have loved you."76 This love implies an effective offering of oneself, after his example.77

460 The Word became flesh to make us “partakers of the divine nature”:78 "For this is why the Word became man, and the Son of God became the Son of man: so that man, by entering into communion with the Word and thus receiving divine sonship, might become a son of God."79 "For the Son of God became man so that we might become God."80 "The only-begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods."81

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p122a3p1.htm

**"In putting everything under them, God left nothing that is not subject to them. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them. 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says,
“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;
in the assembly I will sing your praises.”
13 And again,
“I will put my trust in him.”

And again he says,
“Here am I, and the children God has given me.”
14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them,[k] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted." Heb 2

"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in very naturea God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very natureb of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!" Phil 2**

"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I** came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.** 11"I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.…: John 10:9-11

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. John 3:17

For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. Jn 6:38

For the Son of Man came to save the lost." Mt 18:11

even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mt 20:28

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. 1 Tim 2:5-6

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, Gal 1:3-4

But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law,to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. Gal 4:4-5

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” Gal 3:13

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature as God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross! Ph 2:5-8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.