Why Muslims in Europe back Christianity in public schools

Europe, for all of its secularization, remains a collection of Christian nations. They often support state-churches, display Christian symbols, and provide religious education. How do Muslim migrants fit into such societies? New research that they support the rights of Christians—they just want to be treated the same.

Research out of Germany using a large survey of six European countries compared support for religious rights among native, Christians and migrant Muslims. The research asked about religious rights in education for Christians and Muslims. For example, for religious education, the survey asked about agreement with two statements (randomly ordered)

Happy to see that the Muslim population support our right to give our children an education on our faith, they are as opposed to the secularisation of our countries as much as we are and I think we should help them in setting up there own schools when there is need for them. Christian and Muslims can work together without a doubt as we should against secularists.

Muslims do have their own schools. The danger is that , it’ll end up becoming like ‘madrassas’ which would be a breeding ground for future terrorists and jihadists.

Nothing good will come out of giving muslims their own schools. They have an agenda here. Their ultimate aim is to impose shariah like law wherever they go. I doubt they can be trusted at all

I think we shouldn’t tar all Muslims with the same brush, the majority of Muslims are just ordinary people who want the same as us and are not Islamic Jihadists but I understand we should be always wary of extremism in any religion. My point is that Christians and Muslims and other faiths should come together to combat secularism and have the right to teach our faith.

I suspect that we can readily attribute the difference in attitudes towards our respective power. Muslims (correctly) recognize that a blow against Christian expression is also a blow against Muslim expression.

You don’t read polls, I guess.

Al-Jazira poll on aljazira.net in Arabic:
aljazeera.net/votes/pages?voteid=5270

“Do you support the organization of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria for the benefit of the region?”

Yes—81% 46,060
No—18.9% 10,821

Or try the Pew Research Center–a 2013 poll of countries throughout the Muslims world.
pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

If you don’t like polls, take a look at the backgrounds of ALL the Islamic terrorists–Major Nidal Hasan, the Tsarnaev brothers, the 9/ll hijackers, etc. Every single one of them was an “ordinary person.” Then they watched some youtube videos and within a couple weeks they had flipped. Not even their wives, parents, or closest friends knew that they had become extremists.

If you think it’s a good idea to join forces with Muslims against those nasty secularists, think again. Here is what Omar Ahmad, co-founder of CAIR (Council of American-Islamic Relations) has to say:

“Those who stay in America should be open to society without melting, keeping Mosques open so anyone can come and learn about Islam. If you choose to live here, you have a responsibility to deliver the message of Islam … Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

Similar statements have been made by other Muslim leaders. These are not crackpots, they are the mainstream leaders. Still eager to enlist in their cause?

I thought the researchers were rather snarky in explaining the poll and as usual made the Christians into the bad guys. :(:mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.