Why "small stuff" matters

There are a variety of topics that are discussed on here- dating, clothing, schooling, media exposure, to name a few, where some people say others are "making a big deal out of a small issue". One example from an active thread- not going swimming at the beach because of immodest attire on others. Such a decision is indeed radical in the eyes of our secular society.

audiosancto.org/sermon/20060730-Review-of-Sins-Against-the-6th-and-9th-Commandments.html

Here's a very good sermon on why we should be willing to be "radical" when it is required. In short, the bottom line is the salvation of souls. It does me and my family no good to be popular in this life with the cool crowd if we burn in hell for all eternity.

Pax and God Bless

I think maybe the issue is that the "small stuff" can and often does lead to bigger stuff.

I don't have time to listen to the sermon now, but what you posted immediately made me think of two things:

"He that is faithful in that which is least, is faithful also in that which is greater: and he that is unjust in that which is little, is unjust also in that which is greater."
~Luke 16:10

“Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

I share all things said there. Nice sermon. Thank you!

It’s a fantastic website. There are lots more sermons where that one came from.

Audiosancto.org

Pax.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.