Why so many gay couples in tv shows?

It is relevant to the question of how to teach your kids a moral system that disagrees with that of the majority. Like it or not conservative religious Christians are now a religious minority in this country, and need to figure out how to deal with that because demanding that society bend to your will is not going to be effective.

Here we actually did had some Muslims take issue with Peppa the Pig.
I don’t know if it was so much the pig/pork bit or rather the ‘behaviour’ of the characters.

???

Women should not be allowed to not be dependent on men?

What right do parents have to relegate teaching their children - about any moral issue or necessary virtue - to the ‘too hard - can’t be bothered with it yet’ basket?

When the commercials themselves start portraying immorality, we have a problem.

This wouldn’t be simply using a television as the babysitter, that is problematic material coming during breaks.

The key here being that they are “supporting religious alternatives” rather than saying “what right do they have to say pigs are good???” and demanding that the show be cancelled or changed to fit their religion.

Like those Arby’s commercials tempting you with sinful meats.

I have not seen any such.

Now, if American Jews and Muslims can handle their kids being exposed to commercials literally saying “Go bacon! Go bacon!” and showing very appetizing sizzling bacon strips, do you think you can find a way to handle your kids being exposed to commercials implying that gay couples exist?

If a woman is single, then yes, she is an idependent woman, an autonomous woman, but when a woman is married she is no longer an independent woman. Synonyms for the word independent are: free, individualistic, autonomous, thinking or acting for oneself.

A married woman should no longer makes decisions or live her life based only on herself or her own self interests but decisions that are good for her and her husband and her family. That does not mean that she depends on her husband for every little thing or she isn’t her own individual person. She definitely needs to be able to make decisions in life and have things in life that are enjoyable to her alone but again those decisions and those outside pursuits are what is best for her and her husband and family.

Jesus said in Mark 10 And the two shall be in one flesh. Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

So should we have a moniker in front of men’s names to signify their marital status?

That is exactly what I was about to type

Quit talking about food.

The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken! Tremble, ye mortals! :roll_eyes:

Good one. Are you trembling :slight_smile:

I mean, I’m pretty nervous you’re going to reach for your trusty report button…:wink:

Its lunch time, dude, I’m hungry.

You Should Be! I mean… I’m not a bad person :slight_smile:

I thought it was the Lord of the Fries.

Flies. Flies. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.