Why so many gay couples in tv shows?

Still waiting.
Again, we are looking for you to support your statement that most Catholics support gay marriage.

I mean do you need me to draw you a picture?

Or are you saying that American advertisers make their decisions on how to advertise based on the opinion of Catholics in Africa?

I am saying you are making statements attempting to prop up a bad argument that are untrue. I am asking for you to back it up, and thus far you have not.

Allow me to remind you of the statement:

If you do not say what you mean, how can I be expected to know what you mean?

I belong to the Catholic church. The church is world wide, and any statement concerning ‘most catholics’ should be prepared with some statistic that is inclusive to that.

Considering that the laws in this country also play into our foreign policy, and has an affect across the globe, I believe it perfectly reasonable to consider the globe when someone fails to qualify their statement.

Marrying the dog-

Ridiculous? Yes.

Idiotic? Only if it is idiotic to think that the Court can change the definition of such a thing as marriage, to suit the relativistic (non)beliefs of the secular society.

Ok, so since we aren’t talking about American foreign policy, but rather corporate advertising policy, the question remains unanswered:

Should American companies restrict what they advertise based on the religious opinions of a minority of Americans? If so, how do they choose which religious minorities should dictate what they are allowed to show?

I’d change ‘religious’ to ‘believe in God but pick and choose which teachings of their religion they adhere to.’

Kind of leads to another interesting aspect here.
Can someone that does not at all believe the teachings of their religion really be considered a part of that religion.

Serious question, are Catholics commanded to politically oppose same sex marriage?

At one time marrying someone of the same gender was ridiculous.

I do not know if that specific is around, but I do know that we are to oppose immorality.

At one time marrying someone of the opposite race was ridiculous and obscene. Slippery Slope Fallacy.

Were this an issue of morality, the fallacy would apply.
It isn’t.

But it’s not the same thing, and you know this.

And—is marrying an animal the same thing? No. Is polygamy? No.

Let’s get to polygamy. Why can a woman not have multiple husbands, or vice versa?

Other than unleashing chaos on certain industries and programs (employer healthcare, pensions, assistance programs, etc) or the logistical mess with divorcing I don’t have a real objection in principal. Obviously, this has proven problematic in practice, but there’s other forces at play IRL.

But, the government can’t use things like that to bar consenting people from marrying, no matter how many partners there will be in the marriage.

How about having a job and not being afraid you might get fired if your employer knew what your sexual orientation was.

So, whether it is Catholics, protestants or whomever the problem is the reason many people feel these things are okay is because we are being desensitized to what is right and what is wrong. This didn’t just happen recently, the television and movie industry has been pushing their agenda since their beginnings. They have a great influence on the culture and they know it and have always known it. Same sex relationships is just one more addition to the immorality coming out of the movie and television industry but the big media campaign to desensitize and deceive people started around 1990.

Many Catholics may agree with it but It doesn’t make it right. (didn’t your mother ever talk to you about not jumping in to the water just because your friends did?) Agreeing with an evil just means they have been deceived and accepted what is wrong and sinful.

It’s not about them agreeing or disagreeing with most of any Americans. They never have agreed with most Americans. They are the ones that are influencing most Americans. Advertisers and the movie and television industry should try and promote good but they do not, they influence for evil. There are some exceptions but for the most part they are the ones working to get Americans to agree with them and their immorality.

Sometimes it is best just to turn the TV off.

Catholic Church policy with respect to same sex unions is set forth in the document “Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons.” It can be found HERE.

The key to Catholic obligations regarding such proposals is set forth in the last paragraph of Section II, quoted here:

“In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. One must refrain from any kind of formal cooperation in the enactment or application of such gravely unjust laws and, as far as possible, from material cooperation on the level of their application. In this area, everyone can exercise the right to conscientious objection.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.