Why so many gay couples in tv shows?

That may be, but tough to prove.
I think a lot of religious folks worry about their employment - - yes, it would be illegal to fire anyone for that reason, but they can make up any reason they want. Or, if somebody works in a “right to work” (HAH!) state, there’s not even any reason to be fired.

Maybe the solution is for more Christians and Muslims etc to become scriptwriters etc?

Isn’t most of the population Christian?

Most of what population?

Gay agenda. They figure it will normalize it.

I think this thread ran its course. Yes popular media includes gay couples. Whether you see it as good or bad we must all admit that there is an agenda to normalize these kinds of relationships, and that this is one of the many ways they are doing it.

In the case of Catholic schools, the applicant must testify to understanding Catholic moral teachings, then promise to live by them. If they break their promise and thereby bring scandal to the Catholic Church, they can be terminated.

Agenda, yes, absolutely. And “many ways,” most definitely. This wickedness rears up like a hydra. The only way to destroy the beast is through prayer and witness and steadfast resistance.

If it were only that easy. I’ve personally been around Hollywood enough to know that it is largely an echo chamber of moral rot and perversion.

Revelations teaches us that all Kingdoms turn to Babylon.

I know enough about Hollywood to say that is true, for the most part. But hope is what we should live by. I’ve seen some good acting and cosplay on youtube. One doesn’t need a 100 million dollar budget.

The US. About 71% are Christians.
Seems odd and unsustainable to alienate most of the potential market.

Maybe this shows that many (most?) Christians are now very comfortable with folk being gay and having loving monogamous gay relationships.

Just like men. Who are also not independent if they are married—they are interdependent. The weirdness arises when people think husbands have authority over their wives.

The weirdness occurs only for those who don’t understand Church teaching or the Bible.

Ephesians 5:24

New International Version
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

New Living Translation
As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything.

English Standard Version
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

5:25

New International Version
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

New Living Translation
For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her

English Standard Version
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

I’ve always wondered why if someone says a woman should do this or that, one of the first responses is, “what about men?”

There are many verses in the Bible that speak of a relationship between a husband and wife. The husband being the head but loving his wife and giving his life for her and the wife respecting and obeying her husband. There is also a submitting to each other. It is a giving of love, one to the other but you can’t have two heads of the family.

There will always be someone in this world who will have authority over us but personally when it comes to husbands being the head of the home, I prefer the word responsibility rather than the word, authority. The husband bearing the responsibility of the family as he is the head of the family.

That’s kind of the point.

I realize that but can’t we just focus on ourselves and not make everything, “I will change, if he will change” or “I will look at my problems if we look at his at the same time.”

No, we were talking about making decisions and being interdependent as opposed to independent. I was simply saying it applied to both husbands and wives. Husbands should not be making major decisions without their wife’s agreement any more than women should make major decisions without their husband’s agreement. It’s a partnership.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.