Why so many "gay marriage" posts?

What does that have to do with the “culture of death?” Who’s dying? Why the big deal about gay marriage? Why not worry about things that actually matter, like people suffering and dying, instead of what Tom and Bob want to do? They’re not hurting anyone.

[quote=norbert]What does that have to do with the “culture of death?” Who’s dying? Why the big deal about gay marriage? Why not worry about things that actually matter, like people suffering and dying, instead of what Tom and Bob want to do? They’re not hurting anyone.
[/quote]

catholic.com/library/gay_marriage.asp

americancatholic.org/New…s/CU/ac0304.asp

frc.org/get.cfm?c=PROTECTMARRIAGE

search.family.org/query.cfm?..-sex%20marriage

narth.com/docs/gendercomplementarity.html

narth.com/docs/universal.html

weeklystandard.com/Conte…02/938xpsxy.asp

nogaymarriage.com/information.asp

cwfa.org/articledisplay…tegoryid=family

sdnewsnotes.com/ed/articles/2004/0409jm.htm

orthodoxytoday.org/artic…Marriage1.shtml

straight-talk.net/gay/gmarriage1.shtml

Why?

Well, when the marriage sacrament was created BY God as a way to present HIS love through the union of a man and a woman.

Two Men together and Two Women together CAN NOT produce a biological birth naturally. Naturally sexual union comes From God and the breath of Life from the Holy Spirit.
Sexual activity NOT for procreation is Death.

Any other sexual activity, created by Man (i.e. scientifically) or denied by Man (i.e. controseptive) is NOT in God’s plan than thus Not the Culture of Life.

I pray for understanding and wisdom for you.

[quote=norbert]What does that have to do with the “culture of death?” Who’s dying? Why the big deal about gay marriage? Why not worry about things that actually matter, like people suffering and dying, instead of what Tom and Bob want to do? They’re not hurting anyone.
[/quote]

You know, this is one area that I have had difficulty in knowing how to address questions such as yours. But I will try, because I know you are not alone in not understanding the teachings of the Church on this matter.

Gay marriage can only exist in a society that has lost sight of what God has called us to be. Intercourse is meant to be a wonderful, biological act, yes, but more than that, it is meant to be the conjugal act between a Man and a Woman who have made a life-long commitment to one another, marriage, for the purposes of creating new life and raising new life. Our society has gone so far, via little baby steps, away from the understanding of what marriage is that many don’t even see the error of a Gay marriage.

First and foremost, it is wrong simply because God has told us that it is wrong. As a society, we have gone so far from the ability to understand that Authority, as comes from God, is authority and should at times be accepted, merely because it has spoken. On this matter, God has spoken.

And yet, we have a loving God, who does not leave us with proclamations and void of support for why such things are asked of us. As I have stated above, marriage was created for the union of a Man and a Woman for the purposes of raising children. Again, our society, through our contraceptive mentality, has lost the connection of children to the purpose of marriage. Through marriage and the raising of children, we come to our own salvation. Children teach us every bit as much as we teach them during the time we raise them. We learn to become selfless as the love we feel for these incredible works of God require our sacrifices, day in and day out. We learn to compromise on things that don’t really matter and hold firm on teaching the truths of God.

A marriage between a man and a woman, when they remain open to life, places the act of love between them as a true expression of the full extent of their willingness to sacrifice self for their union. These things are absent from the purely self serving, pleasure seeking union of a homosexual couple.

As we accept these unions in our society, we blur the lines of morality for our children, leaving them open to making the mistakes of others in their midst. Scandal is the sin that has the potential of leading others astray. In our “live and let live” society, we have ceased to recognize the serious nature of leading others into sin and refuse to accept the responsibility of being our brothers keeper.

It is important to know right from wrong if you hope to make decisions in your own life that will serve you best in the eyes of God.

I hope I have helped you in some small way to understand why Gay Marriage is in fact a very big deal. It is a continuation of the contraceptive, abortive, snub one’s nose at God and His ways, mentality that is permeating our society.

God Bless you as you seek to understand God’s plan for you, your’s and others in our time.

CARose

Link removed by moderators
Warning to NOT delve to far into this site:mad: These people are gaining popularity in Europe they are the transparent honest death squad as SICK as they are.Their patron saints are Margeret Sanger and Kavorkian:banghead: Here you go NORBERT!

norbert can be counted on to be an apologist for homosexuals. Now that “Ken” and “Tlaloc” are gone I guess it gets lonely. We’ve had enough threads here so that norbert has had the opportunity to learn the reasons that homosexual ‘marriage’ is an oxymoron. The reality is that people continue to argue as if somehow that will change our minds and change thousands of years of theology.

norbert no one cares what Joe and Bill do in their bedroom. If they kept their sexual activity to themselves there wouldn’t be so many threads on homosexual marriage. Unfortunately a certain percentage of homosexuals are determined to shove their sexual activity down our collective throats and demand we accept unhealthy, unwholesome, unnatural and sinful behavior on their terms.

What part of ‘no’ is so hard to understand?

Lisa N

[quote=Lisa N]norbert can be counted on to be an apologist for homosexuals. Now that “Ken” and “Tlaloc” are gone I guess it gets lonely. We’ve had enough threads here so that norbert has had the opportunity to learn the reasons that homosexual ‘marriage’ is an oxymoron. The reality is that people continue to argue as if somehow that will change our minds and change thousands of years of theology.

norbert no one cares what Joe and Bill do in their bedroom. If they kept their sexual activity to themselves there wouldn’t be so many threads on homosexual marriage. Unfortunately a certain percentage of homosexuals are determined to shove their sexual activity down our collective throats and demand we accept unhealthy, unwholesome, unnatural and sinful behavior on their terms.

Lisa N
[/quote]

But why is gay marriage part of the “culture of death?” Isn’t that overly dramatic? Nobody is dying. Get a grip.

As the last Pope said it is part of the new ideology of evil. It is part of the culture of death. Such terrible things lead to death, both physical and spiritual.

[quote=norbert]But why is gay marriage part of the “culture of death?” Isn’t that overly dramatic? Nobody is dying. Get a grip.
[/quote]

Because gay sex is sterile. It thwarts the true purpose of sex. There cannot be any procreation from it. It negates the possibility of new life. That is its connection to the “culture of death.” Gay “marriage” is not true marriage. This is just to begin with. I would also argue that many aspects of gay culture are nihilistic and self-hating. That would also be a connection to the culture of death.
Hope that helps you understand.

[quote=norbert]But why is gay marriage part of the “culture of death?” Isn’t that overly dramatic? Nobody is dying. Get a grip.
[/quote]

Obviously, you ignored the link I gave you:nope: So either you really do not want to know why or you just want to stir the pot a bit.:nope:

Who says they are not hurting anybody ?
**They are defiling the whole concept of **
marriage.

[/quote]

Homosexual marriage is the beginning of the death of society. If you want to destroy a society - you start with the family.

[quote=Lisa N]norbert no one cares what Joe and Bill do in their bedroom. If they kept their sexual activity to themselves there wouldn’t be so many threads on homosexual marriage. Unfortunately a certain percentage of homosexuals are determined to shove their sexual activity down our collective throats and demand we accept unhealthy, unwholesome, unnatural and sinful behavior on their terms.

Lisa N
[/quote]

Lisa,
I have been reading in the background of this forum for some time now and you have come across as one of the most hateful persons here. I’m absolutely certain that there are no homosexuals demanding to come into your living room and have sex in front of your children and yourself. Nor are they trying to “shove it down your throats.” Homosexuals are asking for LEGAL recognition, completely separate from any church (which, in case you’ve forgotten, there are more than one of in this country). I completely understand your disagreement with what they choose to do. However, coming from a church that preaches “Love thy neighbor”, you seem to have an awful lot of stipulations that come with what your neighbor must be in order to love him. I sincerely doubt that Jesus said "Love thy neighbor, but only if he meets the following requirements…otherwise, feel free to hate him and treat him in a manner that you would not even treat your dog."
You have your faith, and that is a wonderful thing that no one can take from you. But what about “live and let live?” And why are homosexuals so much worse than heterosexuals who live thier lives using contraception and having illicit sex? I don’t really see many threads on here aimed at, well, the majority of the population. Heterosexuals have done far more to destroy the so-called “Sanctity of Marriage” than homosexuals ever could.

Soulspeak23

[quote=JMJ_Pinoy]catholic.com/library/gay_marriage.asp

americancatholic.org/New…s/CU/ac0304.asp

frc.org/get.cfm?c=PROTECTMARRIAGE

search.family.org/query.cfm?..-sex%20marriage

narth.com/docs/gendercomplementarity.html

narth.com/docs/universal.html

weeklystandard.com/Conte…02/938xpsxy.asp

nogaymarriage.com/information.asp

cwfa.org/articledisplay…tegoryid=family

sdnewsnotes.com/ed/articles/2004/0409jm.htm

orthodoxytoday.org/artic…Marriage1.shtml

straight-talk.net/gay/gmarriage1.shtml
[/quote]

:clapping:

Why gay marriage is not a culture of death? Here is a very simple explanation. I hope you understand.
Let say that we place married gays and married heterosexual on two separate islands. Which population do you think would strive and grow?

Now you should realize why it is a part of culture of death.

[quote=soulspeak23]Lisa,
I have been reading in the background of this forum for some time now and you have come across as one of the most hateful persons here. I’m absolutely certain that there are no homosexuals demanding to come into your living room and have sex in front of your children and yourself. Nor are they trying to “shove it down your throats.” Homosexuals are asking for LEGAL recognition, completely separate from any church (which, in case you’ve forgotten, there are more than one of in this country). I completely understand your disagreement with what they choose to do. However, coming from a church that preaches “Love thy neighbor”, you seem to have an awful lot of stipulations that come with what your neighbor must be in order to love him. I sincerely doubt that Jesus said "Love thy neighbor, but only if he meets the following requirements…otherwise, feel free to hate him and treat him in a manner that you would not even treat your dog."
You have your faith, and that is a wonderful thing that no one can take from you. But what about “live and let live?” And why are homosexuals so much worse than heterosexuals who live thier lives using contraception and having illicit sex? I don’t really see many threads on here aimed at, well, the majority of the population. Heterosexuals have done far more to destroy the so-called “Sanctity of Marriage” than homosexuals ever could.

Soulspeak23
[/quote]

This type of agit prop has been answered over and over on these threads. Why are you so intolerant of the truth? It seems by “live and let live” you mean we all must agree that the earth is flat, when the truth is it is round.

[/quote]

Except that AIDS kills and AIDS is more prevalent in the active homosexual community including marriage.

[quote=MarySon]Why gay marriage is not a culture of death? Here is a very simple explanation. I hope you understand.
Let say that we place married gays and married heterosexual on two separate islands. Which population do you think would strive and grow?

Now you should realize why it is a part of culture of death.
[/quote]

That is a fine example in the land of make believe, but, in reality, there are not two separate islands. It pains me to see such a reluctance to let go of the fact that the world is no longer just as it was when Jesus lived. The world survived before there was religion and it will survive after it. That’s the point of that little thing we call evolution.
In reality, there are so many gay families who adopt the children that are abandoned by heterosexual people and give them warm and loving homes. They accept these children for whoever and whatever they are, without question. These families are saving these children from the death that their “natural” parents gave them up to.
Personally, I can’t wait for today’s young people to grow up and come into power. Today’s children have such an open mind to things that are not exactly like themselves. The world is changing, has always been changing. You can stand there and fight it, scream with all your might and it will still change. It will sail right past you and I can’t wait to see the look of surprise when you all realize that the world will not come to a screeching halt because two people who love each other can have the same rights as you do.

[quote=fix]This type of agit prop has been answered over and over on these threads. Why are you so intolerant of the truth? It seems by “live and let live” you mean we all must agree that the earth is flat, when the truth is it is round.
[/quote]

I have no problem with the earth being round. I have a problem with a 2000-year old book that apparently fell out of the sky being taken so literally. When is the last time you had a piece of shellfish? According to the bible, you should be put to death for that.

[quote=soulspeak23] two people who love each other can have the same rights as you do.
[/quote]

They already have the same rights. A chaste homosexual has no need to declare himself. If they do it’s to advance an agenda. And I suggest you educate yourself, for to make the above statement about the 2,000 year old book shows you are ignorant of Catholicsm.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.