Why some people are anti-christianity and anti-semi

why do they always hate us?
yes i know in the past centuries we persecute muslim the crusade persecute them but they had there revenge but why do they still hate us? why do they hate jews what did the jews do to deserve it it is because of the 6 days war? but the jews did not start that war.

[quote=raster]why do they always hate us?
yes i know in the past centuries we persecute muslim the crusade persecute them but they had there revenge but why do they still hate us? why do they hate jews what did the jews do to deserve it it is because of the 6 days war? but the jews did not start that war.
[/quote]

Don’t flatter yourself. Everyone hates everyone. You must not have done much traveling or much looking into the world lately. Everybody hates everybody out there. Christians hate Muslims hate Jews hate Christians, and on and on it goes. And, it’s not just across the religious spectrum. People are hated for nationality, too, among other reasons.

I think the only person nobody ever hated was Mr. Rogers. What a good soul he was.

Mike

I am reminded of the following lyrics to an old and very appropriate Kingston Trio song:

The Merry Minuet

They’re rioting in Africa,
They’re starving in Spain.
There’s hurricanes in Florida,
And Texas needs rain
The whole world is festering
With unhappy souls.
The French hate the Germans,
The Germans hate the Poles;
Italians hate Yugoslavs,
South Africans hate the Dutch,
And I don’t like anybody very much!

But we can be tranquil
And “thankfill” and proud,
For man’s been endowed
With a mushroom-shaped cloud.
And we know for certain
That some lovely day
Someone will set the spark off,
And we will all be blown away!

They’re rioting in Africa,
There’s strife in Iran.
What nature doesn’t do to us
Will be done by our fellow man

[quote=Church Militant]I am reminded of the following lyrics to an old and very appropriate Kingston Trio song:
[/quote]

Church Militant,

I tend more towards Tom Lehrer myself:

“Oh the Catholics
hate the Protestants,
And the Protestants
hate the Catholics,
And the Hindus
hate the Moslems,
And everybody hates the Jews.”

Raster,

In centuries past we fought Moslems for the excellent reason that they fought us. All of the Middle East and North Africa used to be Christian until the Moslems conquered it. They invaded all of Spain and were finally stopped a third of the way up France at the Battle of Tours. Spain was reconquered, a process that took centuries and finally ended in 1492.

• Liberian

[quote=raster] why do they hate jews what did the jews do to deserve it .
[/quote]

Because they are smarter than everyone else. This is seen by their success in science, medicine, business, expertise in Torah and Talmud studies. Also, if you read the Journal of Biosocial Science, yu might see the 2005 paper which “hypothesizes that European Jews’ history of persecution created social selection for high intelligence, leaving a positive effect on the genetic component of their IQ”.

See the article in the online encyclopedia:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi#.22Natural_History_of_Ashkenazi_Intelligence.22.

People who hate don’t need a motive or justification. All they need is a little nudge from the devil.

Some people hate Catholics or anyone who believes in an almighty God because the idea scares them. They know they are sinful and if they acknowledge God, they might get in trouble for their behavior. So they try to make us go away so they won’t have to change or repent.

Some people just hate. Love doesn’t always have a reason, nor does hate.

But I do disagree that everybody hates everybody. JP2 was an example of unfaltering love. Now we have Benedict XVI who will share just as much love!

I’m kind of partial towards the people on this message board myself. :love: Group hug!!!

Awwwwwwwww! :slight_smile:

[quote=MariaGorettiGrl]People who hate don’t need a motive or justification. All they need is a little nudge from the devil.

Some people hate Catholics or anyone who believes in an almighty God because the idea scares them. They know they are sinful and if they acknowledge God, they might get in trouble for their behavior. So they try to make us go away so they won’t have to change or repent.

Some people just hate. Love doesn’t always have a reason, nor does hate.

But I do disagree that everybody hates everybody. JP2 was an example of unfaltering love. Now we have Benedict XVI who will share just as much love!

I’m kind of partial towards the people on this message board myself. :love: Group hug!!!
[/quote]

Awww, I’ll get in on the group hug, too!

I didn’t really mean “everybody hates everybody.” It was a slight exaggeration on my part to show that there is a great amount of hatred and anger in the world.

There is also a great amount of love, too. It just seems that it’s always the hate “making the news.”

Mike

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/3.gif Hooray for group hugs!

Ok people, let´s all sing a song or something…what do you say? :bounce:

[quote=Catolico]Ok people, let´s all sing a song or something…what do you say? :bounce:
[/quote]

[sings]
“Je-sus, Name above all names;
Bee-u-tiful Savior, glor-i-us Lord;
E-man-uel, God is with us;
Bless-ed re-de-eem-er, li-ving Word!”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.