Why was saint pio put in 2 places at 1 time?

what was the reason he was given this gift from God ?

God’s ways are mysterious, and we can’t always know why He does what He does: “Who can know the mind of God?” (Romans 11:34)

But if I had to guess, He probably gave this gift to Padre Pio:
[LIST=1]*]so that Pio could assist (by the power of God) people who were physically distant from him; and
*]to show forth the power of God, Who made it possible for Pio to do so.
[/LIST]

ok thats true, but for 1. how did saint pio PROVE that he was in 2 places at once ? how was he able to actually give proof that he was in 2 spots at 1 time like that ? how would anybody … understand or know that for a fact ? or they just took his word for it ?

cause it was all in his head. only in his mind was he in 2 places at once.

Padre Pio was a very humble man, who tried to avoid calling attention to himself. I doubt that he tried to “prove” to anybody that he was in two places at once. This phenomenon came to light at the testimony of other people who said they saw him (at times when he was known to be somewhere else). Padre Pio himself talked about these things reluctantly when questioned. For more information on his bilocation, see ewtn.com/padrepio/mystic/bilocation.htm and spiritdaily.org/Prophecy-seers/Pios_biolocation.htm .

You are free to believe it or not; it is not official doctrine of the Church. But why are you so skeptical? Are you trying to imply that God cannot accomplish extraordinary things when He wants to? The Church was very cautious at first, and some people tried very hard to disprove the unusual things happening in Padre Pio’s life. But in the end the evidence was very convincing.

If you are truly interested in learning more about Padre Pio, I would suggest you read the book Padre Pio: Man of Hope by Renzo Allegri. amazon.com/Padre-Pio-Hope-Renzo-Allegri/dp/1569551383/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223037199&sr=8-1 It was written by a journalist who, like yourself, was very skeptical at first. But the more he tried to objectively investigate Padre Pio, the more he was convinced that extraordinary things were happening in this holy man.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.