Why Wasn't Margery Kempe Declared a Saint?

I’m reading excerpts from her autobiography for an Early British Literature class and wondering what the Church’s view was on her. The anthology (Norton’s) that I’m reading them from isn’t exactly Church-friendly at points. I appreciate any insight.

[quote=BlueMit11]I’m reading excerpts from her autobiography for an Early British Literature class and wondering what the Church’s view was on her. The anthology (Norton’s) that I’m reading them from isn’t exactly Church-friendly at points. I appreciate any insight.
[/quote]

Hi BlueMit:
I never heard of her before seeing your quote so I googled her name and found lots of links on her. Here is one with a brief bio for those who are interested. Sorry, I can’t answer your question though…
home.infionline.net/~ddisse/kempe.html

I’m in Graduate School and reading ‘The Book of Margery Kempe’ and trying to find out why Margery wasn’t sainted in the Catholic Church. It seems that she is commemorated in the Anglican religion: ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/day-margery-kempe. I’m really trying to find out all I can about Margery.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.