Why were there changes in the Mass translation?

Why all the changes to the prayers and music in Mass? I.e. Also with you to also with your spirit, I know I am not worthy to receive you but only say the word and I shall be healed to something about coming under my roof???

Also they no longer do the prayer and sign of cross on forehead, lips and heart?

The new Mass translation was an attempt to bring the english translation closer to the original latin and provided for a single english translation throughout the world.

More information can be found in the USCCB’s FAQ.

Also they no longer do the prayer and sign of cross on forehead, lips and heart?

That is incorrect. According to the General Instruction of the Roman Missal #134:

“At the ambo, the Priest opens the book and, with hands joined, says, The Lord be with you, to which the people reply, And with your spirit. Then he says, A reading from the holy Gospel, making the Sign of the Cross with his thumb on the book and on his forehead, mouth, and breast, which everyone else does as well. The people acclaim, Glory to you, O Lord.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.