why ???

Why do Catholics on here spend their time, wasting their time putting protestants down?

It really doesn't give a good impression about how Catholics behave to people of other denominations and makes you who do so and these boards in bad light for wanting to have a go at protestants. Also makes you guys look bit like idiots when you are getting basic facts so very wrong too :D

I wonder if we can survive one whole week without protestants being put down or a false fact being written on here? It would improve the quality of the boards no end if anything that was up was actually right for once :o

After all Protestants are fully fledged Christians and believe in God so why spend time being judgemental?

I hope you can rise to the challenge :D :D

I see what you did there.

I would hope that there would be one week that a non-Catholic would not accuse Catholics of disparaging non-Catholics because they refute what is a wrong belief.

Come on now. That is what the forum is for to help each other understand. This type of posting only furthers misunderstanding. :shrug:

[quote="englishredrose, post:1, topic:292617"]
Why do Catholics on here spend their time, wasting their time putting protestants down?

It really doesn't give a good impression about how Catholics behave to people of other denominations and makes you who do so and these boards in bad light for wanting to have a go at protestants. Also makes you guys look bit like idiots when you are getting basic facts so very wrong too :D

I wonder if we can survive one whole week without protestants being put down or a false fact being written on here? It would improve the quality of the boards no end if anything that was up was actually right for once :o

After all Protestants are fully fledged Christians and believe in God so why spend time being judgemental?

[/quote]

I know what you mean. I was raised protestant and am proud of my protestant heritage. I see all sorts of misinformation on here every day. My 3 favorites have been that protestants disregard the old testament because we are under a new covenant now, that protestants see children as inherently bad creatures who need to be firmly corrected, and that Catholics aren't prudes like those protestants are.

All three of those are blanket statements that most protestants would firmly disagree with.

[/quote]

"Hey you dummy's!:D Don't be so judgemental! You don't know what your talking about! So just stop judging!:shrug: Your looking like idiots! :DI hope you lowly minions can rise to this challenge! Besos!:D" hahaha.

I love this...Idk just kinda sounded funny as I read it

I think there are areas on this website for sparring, or for prayer intentions, for some good laughs...maybe I'm wrong

Paz y amor.

It really doesn't give a good impression about how Catholics behave to people of other denominations and makes you who do so and these boards in bad light for wanting to have a go at protestants.

[/quote]

How are Catholics "putting Protestants down"?

Also makes you guys look bit like idiots when you are getting basic facts so very wrong too :D

What "basic facts" have Catholics been "getting... so very wrong"?

You make it sound like there's an epidemic of misrepresentation on CAF by Catholics against Protestants. :confused: I haven't noticed it, but maybe I'm not reading the right threads.

If Catholics are attacking Protestants, that's definitely a problem. If Catholics are responding vigorously but charitably to Protestant theology, we should ask ourselves whether their arguments are sound, not criticize them for being "judgmental".

[quote="BlueEyedLady, post:4, topic:292617"]
I know what you mean. I was raised protestant and am proud of my protestant heritage. I see all sorts of misinformation on here every day. My 3 favorites have been that protestants disregard the old testament because we are under a new covenant now, that protestants see children as inherently bad creatures who need to be firmly corrected, and that Catholics aren't prudes like those protestants are.

All three of those are blanket statements that most protestants would firmly disagree with.

[/quote]

Were those blanket statements about all protestants or were them statements about some protestants. It seems to me that protestants are so diverse that you could make almost any statement you could think of and it wouldn't be true about all protestants and it would be true about some protestants. Some protestants that come on this site can't even agree that they aren't Catholic! The only statement I can think of that can honestly be said of all protestants is that they are searching for Truth but do not have the fullness of faith that the Catholic Church offers.

Oh No!:eek::D I try not to be nasty to others, but I can not control how 'they' take what I post and they can not control how I take them. :eek::extrahappy:

[/quote]

I really do appologize for the aggressive nature of some folks. You know these forums are open to absolutely anyone - so you see all types. Please know that most of the Catholics I know aren't trying to put anyone down. That doesn't mean we don't think the Catholic Faith contains the fullness of the faith. That is not a put down, it is a fact. Just know that some of us staunch Thomists are getting our noses bloodied every day here. So you aren't alone.

Debating doctrinal issues is not "putting Protestants down". Seeking the truth can sometimes be a rocky road. It could be argued the word "protestant" alone is "putting down " a Catholic using your logic.

[/quote]

Who says they're not Christians? Just because they dance with snakes and bite the heads off chickens, they're still OK in my book. :p :rotfl:

Oh NO!

You didn't just post* that* did you?:eek:

:whistle:;) :whistle:

I don't have a problem with protestants... only with the ones who claim all Catholics are going to h*ll or the ones who think all Catholics will be left behind when their rapture occurs, or the ones who claim the pope is the anti-Christ.

I would say that some of my best friends are Catholic... BUT the truth is ALL of my best friends are Catholic..:p

[quote="boomerang, post:11, topic:292617"]
Who says they're not Christians? Just because they dance with snakes and bite the heads off chickens, they're still OK in my book. :p :rotfl:

[/quote]

Haha! :D

I think it's important to remember before posting that the person who could read it might be considering converting to Catholism and could be turned off by the words you use.

[quote="meo696, post:15, topic:292617"]
I think it's important to remember before posting that the person who could read it might be considering converting to Catholism and could be turned off by the words you use.

[/quote]

I strongly agree.

But the OP has given us no concrete examples from CAF threads of Catholics attacking Protestants as a group or as individuals.

I guess I'm living in a cave because I haven't seen any Catholics putting Protestants down. :confused: And what do you mean about Catholics not getting "basic facts" right? What are these facts that you are referring to?

It's interesting to note that you came onto a Catholic forum to insult the Catholics (I believe we were referred to as being idiotic). Your post seemed a bit rude, imo. :shrug:

Why? Because people are people.

I'm a "super moderator" on a Triumph motorbike site and inevitably when discussing motorbikes from other makers it gets personal and insulting. I've had to ban people because of it.

"Brand" identity seems really significant to people and sometimes they can't admit any redeeming features in a competing brand.

Same goes for religion....

Redeeming! Geddit!;):thumbsup:

I think it is a touch beyond comfort to generalize.I haven't as yet,come across any slander or bigotry nor back-biting in regards to protestants?I have seen Catholics learn,instruct,advise and defend their faith.

[quote="triumphguy, post:18, topic:292617"]
Redeeming! Geddit!;):thumbsup:

[/quote]

:D

Puns are a favourite form of wordplay for me. Keep 'em coming.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.