Why?

If God exists, and I believe He does, WHY are there these evil shootings happening all the time?

Good and evil are opposite.
God is good.
Thus we know evil when we see it.

People have free will.

Not only that, owing to “original sin,” we have a propensity to evil in all of us.

ICXC NIKA

Because if it wasn’t really wrong and hurtful they wouldn’t do it. They’re doing it because it’s wrong. And because it will cause the maximum hurt.

It’s because of God that we realize these things are wrong in the first place. But God knows that death will come to all of us. So there’s nothing really for Him to stop here. All things will come out in the end result.

God told us this was coming. Maintain your faith, stay the course, true salvation is within your grasp. This group are probably the false prophets, lets hope they can be defeated totally.

Why does anything bad happen? Because people can and do screw up. It’s a lack of love in their hearts. Simple.

So it doesnt have to do with free will and Adam and Eve?

But it does. Adam and Eve screwed up and did not have love in their heart.

Of course it does. That’s our human nature that we inherited from them.
Are you looking for someone to blame?
I guess I’m not sure what the question really is here…
We don’t’ have to be ruled by our selfish desires. We can overcome evil. But we have to stay close tot he Lord, we have to agree to do His holy will, and we have to frequent the Sacraments to receive the grace to persevere.

Selfishness is the killer. It kills everything in its path. It ruins relationships. Same with greed, sloth, etc. That’s why they call them the 7 DEADLY sins.

Consider…why did the Lord Jesus Christ come to us and suffer all that injustice and die on that cross?

It’s not like there are more such incidents now than ever before, but communication is faster and more widespread and so if someone hiccups in the Kremlin, we hear it live. If someone burps in Bangladesh…same result

I believe in what Our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ told us. “Be not afraid”.

But why does God allow it?

Look at it this way:
Would you rather an arranged marriage, or one in which the person loves you all by himself?

God had the angels to worship Him day and night.
He desires a love freely given. When people turn against Him in sin, He doesn’t force them to love Him…He waits.

Ok

God puts the natural law ccc.scborromeo.org.master.com/texis/master/search/?sufs=0&q=natural+law&xsubmit=Search&s=SS ] in every human’s heart. ALL people know instinctively murder is wrong. Just like any wrong, people have choices to make.

Look at this simple OT command

**Dt 30: 19 **I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live,

We ALL have choices. And there are consequences to those choices,

As for the murderer, who dies in that sin

[LIST]
*]Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
[/LIST]
And that consequence lasts forever. A million years from now, murderers in hell won’t be getting out. a trillion years from now, they are still screaming in agony and no relief is coming.

The radical terrorists really dont think killing is wrong.

Well, they’re going to be really surprised then.
The God of peace will have His justice. Leave Him to it.
Remember, that we are not created simply to live this life…but to live in eternity with Him. In goodness, peace, and pure love.
Unrepentant killers will not be afforded this.
God bless.

Would they still think that if the tables were reversed and THEY were the target?

Re: one’s conscience, ccc.scborromeo.org.master.com/texis/master/search/?sufs=0&q=conscience&xsubmit=Search&s=SS ] God put that moral compass in every person.

To take just one example from that list
1791 **ignorance can often be imputed to personal responsibility. This is the case when a man “takes little trouble to find out what is true and good, or when conscience is by degrees almost blinded through the habit of committing sin.” In such cases, the person is culpable for the evil he commits.

Don’t know. Maybe. They look at death as a way to get to heaven with their virgins.

The terrorists claim not to fear death. Whether that is true or not is the mystery.

ICXC NIKA

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.