Widespread persecution of Christians in India

Dear friends in Jesus,
You may or may not have heard of the pitiable condition of the Church in our country.St.Thomas had arrived at the shores of Kerala as early as 52 AD…long before Christianity reached Europe.The Gospel had been preached by St. Xavier,and is still being preached in our country ever since with increasing effect.However,percecutions have always been an issue,as they still remain in a putative Secular Democratic India.
Christian Missionaries have been accused of proselytisation and anti-nationalist conspiracy,all quite falsely of course.
Over the past 15 days,violent communal clashes have erupted in the eastern state of Orissa. Christians were accused of successfully conspiring murder of a militant Hindu leader, and soon,they gathered all the drunkards and goons of their groups and went around burning churches,vandalising all Christian property including humble huts belonging to the innocent converts.Ambulances and other vehicles were charred to cinders.
It got ugly when they began to kill…people. Nine Catholics have already died…Nuns were being assaulted sexually…until they chose to take refuge in a nearby forest. Scores of nuns are now in hiding,in fear and quiet alarm. Awards have been declared for killing the bishops,who are continuously appealing to the state government,a strong voice against the murderous extemism of the VHP(a state-sponsored militant organisation).These fellows were ordered to shoot any Christian in sight.
The media has indeed been vociferous,but not all of the misery of the people can ever be measured.It is utter torment for us Christians all over the country.

The Church suffers in India.We catholics were so excited about the upcoming canonizatiion of Blessed Alphonsa this October…but the horrifying plight of the brothers and sisters in Orissa is too disturbing.
What can I say but ask you saints for prayer!! Please pray at mass,like the whole Catholic church in our country is doing.PLEASE.
THANK YOU!

***+JMJTJ+

***Yes I have been staying up on this news; I have friends in India. ***It is horrific!
Your intentions will be in my prayers for God’s mercy to be poured out upon them.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

In Jesus’ name Father, I offer my Masses and prayers for the Catholics of India. Father, for sake of Jesus’ name, have mercy

Praying for all Christians in India and throughout the world.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

My cousin was arrested for the crime of “attempted conversions” in India a few months ago. Fortunately, she and her group were released, in no small part because of the prayers of this group.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

praying.

Praying…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the LORD is with thee, blessed are you among all women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus, Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.