Wife always ill

My wife isn't going to get any better, likely. My best hope is that she won't get any worse. I will not leave my wife, even though I am not the perfect husband. I know I do some things wrong, but Its not like I was prepared for everything I have to deal with. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, but I don't know how else to express my frustration. I know that if anything happens to my wife, it would be extremely hard for me to be romantically involved with anyone else. Not that I anticipate this happening. Too much pain, and not enough of the bliss we had hoped for. Not to mention the pain and healing from CSA, which will likely only be finished when I die.I guess I can only turn to God, and hope for the relationship with him that provides the needs I cannot get any other place, including, sadly, my wife or son. God is faithful, though. May I seek Him earnestly in what seems to be lifelong storms.

[quote="traillius, post:1, topic:221098"]
My wife isn't going to get any better, likely. My best hope is that she won't get any worse. I will not leave my wife, even though I am not the perfect husband. I know I do some things wrong, but Its not like I was prepared for everything I have to deal with. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, but I don't know how else to express my frustration. I know that if anything happens to my wife, it would be extremely hard for me to be romantically involved with anyone else. Not that I anticipate this happening. Too much pain, and not enough of the bliss we had hoped for. Not to mention the pain and healing from CSA, which will likely only be finished when I die.I guess I can only turn to God, and hope for the relationship with him that provides the needs I cannot get any other place, including, sadly, my wife or son. God is faithful, though. May I seek Him earnestly in what seems to be lifelong storms.

[/quote]

God bless you for your strong faith. The Lord will reward you after this life if you persevere. I will remember you in my prayers.

[quote="traillius, post:1, topic:221098"]

[/quote]

God bless you and your wife in your struggles Traillius, you can do all things in Him who gives you strength.
May I offer you this prayer which has helped millions in their struggles

THE SERENITY PRAYER

Grant me the serenity

To accept the things
I cannot change;
Courage to change those
Things I can and
Wisdom to know the
Difference.
Amen,
Peace, Carlan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.