Wife & son left me this weekend

Title of the thread says it all. Please say a prayer for me.

[quote="garn9173, post:1, topic:253149"]

[/quote]

Title did not say much. And said it all.
Why dont you open your heart up? Maybe we could be of any help. You know, you do not know me, I do not know you, so you may say it all to us and there are smart people here who may help. Maybe some of our opinions will be nuts but God knows whether some opinions will help you.
I will pray for you but one must do whatever he can to solve the problems. Some mistakes have been done certainly and if, i repeat, if, a big IF we can help, feel free to say what happened.
God Bless You.

praying for you. that can't be easy what ever the situation. if you are looking for prayers alone maybe the prayer intentions section would be a better place to post

[quote="garn9173, post:1, topic:253149"]

[/quote]

May the Lord be with you and be your strength and guidance.

Our God You know the desolation this husband and father feels. Help him to cope in the wisest and most beneficial ways.
Please hear the prayers of his heart.
And please bring all things to good, and to healing and peace.

Sacred Heart of Jesus
We place our trust in Thee

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

[quote="odhiambo, post:6, topic:253149"]
Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

[/quote]

AMEN!

Praying!

I am praying fervently for you and your family.

:gopray:

Is it just me or have we been getting a great deal of threads about broken marriages lately?:shrug:

This is very sad...very very sad. I second...try opening up to us so we can help you.

Prayers...

Do you still have contact with you son?

Praying for you.

God bless

jesus g

Thank you everyone. Now I just wished I could stop having these uncontroable crying fits so that I can focus on work.

Yes, I still have contact with my son.

[quote="garn9173, post:12, topic:253149"]
Thank you everyone. Now I just wished I could stop having these uncontroable crying fits so that I can focus on work.

Yes, I still have contact with my son.

[/quote]

Pour everything you got into loving your son. Show him you love him and make him believe that you'll always be there for him no matter what. A boy needs his biological father no matter what the circumstances are.

[quote="Serap, post:13, topic:253149"]
Pour everything you got into loving your son. Show him you love him and make him believe that you'll always be there for him no matter what. A boy needs his biological father no matter what the circumstances are.

[/quote]

My son has his "second first day of 4th grade" tomorrow. Talked to him for our nightly good night chat and told him to study hard, be himself, and to make his Dad proud. I told him of a sign that was in the Jr. High after I moved to live with my Dad, "There are no strangers here, just unkown friends."

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary,
that never was it known,
that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
though burdened by my sins,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in your mercy,
hear and answer me.
Amen.

[quote="garn9173, post:14, topic:253149"]
My son has his "second first day of 4th grade" tomorrow. Talked to him for our nightly good night chat and told him to study hard, be himself, and to make his Dad proud. I told him of a sign that was in the Jr. High after I moved to live with my Dad, "There are no strangers here, just unkown friends."

[/quote]

How far away is he and how often are you able to see him? Have you consulted a lawyer b/c if you don't file with the police in a timely fashion, you could lose custody of your son b/c of your inactions.

Are you aware of this?

In my city, if a mother leaves with her child, the father can then call the police to file a kidnapping. The police usually stay out of it, but the police report would be filed and then when you seek custody, it will show through your actions, that it was against your will that your son was taken from you. You will then be favored in the courts.

Prior to all of this, after being an inactive Catholic for several years, God had been recently calling me home, so this past Sunday I went to Mass for the first time in I don't know how long.

Weekday mornings at 9:30, the local Catholic radio station airs the Rosary and i've been praying along to myself at work. God put me on this path for a I reason and I hope He shows me guidance during this journey and that He watches over and protects my son as well.

[quote="Serap, post:16, topic:253149"]
How far away is he and how often are you able to see him? Have you consulted a lawyer b/c if you don't file with the police in a timely fashion, you could lose custody of your son b/c of your inactions.

Are you aware of this?

In my city, if a mother leaves with her child, the father can then call the police to file a kidnapping. The police usually stay out of it, but the police report would be filed and then when you seek custody, it will show through your actions, that it was against your will that your son was taken from you. You will then be favored in the courts.

[/quote]

Based on your location, that must be a Canada thing.

[quote="garn9173, post:18, topic:253149"]

[/quote]

Then how do you protect your rights when it comes to custody? Do women have all the rights and privileges?

[quote="garn9173, post:18, topic:253149"]

[/quote]

No, not really. Several of my friends got custody of thier children. One even got custody of his step son. They filed reports, made sure everything was in order, and can go back and see a pattern as things progressed. They educated themselfs, got a lawyer that did pro bono work.

I'll continue to pray for you and your family.

God bless

jesus g

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.