Wife Status and need for more prayers

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=239873

It seems that every time we seem to get past one thing another “crisis” pops up.

My wife just discovered that she has cancer, Squamous Cell Carcinoma. It’s a common and treatable cancer. In fact we may have caught it early. But it’s located on her eyelid, above the eye which is less common. Because of the location she it is considered major surgery and will require a Mohs Surgeon. Never knew what that was until this 3 weeks ago. She’s worried about scarring, potentially more tissue being removed than hoped for. This would require a skin graph. The unknowns are what make is scary. God has apparently called us into suffering with Christ. I’d love to say “oh boy, God picked me” but I’d rather not and say we did.

Please pray for her and the cancer to be gone for good. The series of medical issues that have hit us over the past 4 years has almost crippled us financially. We’re behind on our mortgage and way behind on other important bills because everything’s been up in the air. We make decent money but it feels like we’re being financially drained and have no clue how this is happening other than surprise bills keep popping up. All of this an even though we have insurance it is still very costly. During a heavy rain last night I woke up to the sound of water falling from the ceiling in a couple of spots. That means we now have about 5 or 6 spots leaking…wood shingle roof that has been in dire straights since moving here in 2001. We’re strapped and trying not to worry. No family to help us out. Top this off with my wife’s family recent discovery that she is now Catholic with our children. quote"words can not express the concern I have for you and your children. Your sister"… That’s the mentality of it. Some family members are taking it much better, but we know this is only short lived because of the cancer discovery. They believe that we are now headed straight to hell.

Lot’s of prayers please…anxieties are high…Jesus I Trust In You! Amen.
PAX

Your wife and you will be in my ongoing prayers. My heart goes to you both in so many ways. Love, Trishie

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Our God, please relieve the suffering of our brothers and sisters, in illness, mental anguish or confusion, relationship troubles, and sickness or death of loved ones. Please give them loving companionship and understanding, and practical help where possible.

Dearest God, in Your plan of salvation, You permit our sharing in the suffering that You bore for our sins…in order to awaken repentance…in reparation for anyone’s offences…or to sanctify through affliction. Yet I entreat that sufferers may not endure an instant longer or of a degree more intense than needed. Where mine or another’s prayer and love can attain what is required, by calling upon the vast treasury of saints and martyrs, the intercession of angels, and Your own infinite merit—then Jesus I implore You to allow this.

You promise that no one will be burdened beyond endurance. Yet what extreme of sorrow can be endured beneath this limit! Pain is always relevant and a tormented moment may seem an eternity, as Jesus the supreme sufferer knows so well! Therefore, except where Your purpose is endangered, spare us the cup of suffering and allow mine and others’ salvation be wrought through divine grace, in prayer, in humble trust and generous love rather through anguish.

Yet, not as we desire, but Your divine will be accomplished! If this is to be fulfilled through suffering—for how can we in our sinfulness hope to escape what You in Your innocence do not—then please grant us perseverance in our privileged sharing in Your sacrifice.

United with You let us trustingly give all, so that sanctified in You, our lives serve the highest purpose of divine will. Lead us, with peace and spiritual joy, to penetrate the mysteries of this redemptive suffering shared in Jesus, our God and brother!

Our God, I will keep them all in my prayers and Masses always. Help me to pray the best I can for them, and please multiply my small loaves and fishes of prayer for whoever needs them.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Holy Queen! Mother of mercy,
Out life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us.
And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Oh clement, oh loving, oh sweet Virgin Mary,
Pray for us oh Holy Mother of God,
that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Amen.

I think your wife is in good hands and will have a good out come. First it is squamus cell, very treatable and secondly the MOHS doctor (MOHS is only limited to dermatologists) has had a high degree of training to remove it. They may not have to go very deep with the surgery to remove it because of the type of cancer it is and it is usually well contained unlike a melonoma. Be thankful it isn’t melanoma, I have seen some seriously discusting scars to remove it.

I will keep you and your wife in my prayers. Let God handle this and things will work out, they always do.

:manvspc:

MOHS is another great thing that comes from Wisconsin, Dr. Mohs developed the technique while at UW Wisconsin!! :thumbsup:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying for your wife’s complete healing and for financial relief.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

Holding you both in my prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Thank you, I appreciate you confidence. But this surgery is on her eyelid. If you look it up you will discover that this location is rare. The cancer itself is not as scary to us as the after effects on her eyelid. If someone said they were about to remove your eyelid, how would you feel? The axiety is real and this combined with our fundamentalist famiy discovering we’re Catholic just makes if all the more “fun”…chaotic. I can hear them saying, “you see, God’c calling her…because she left the one true church founded by Christ”… Thanks for your prayers.

Praying for your every need.

Praying for your wife’s healing and recovery, as well all your intentions

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
And Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Jesus please grant that this surgery will be successful and leave as little damage to her face as humanly possible

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.