WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange: 'No proof' Russian intelligence responsible for DNC hack

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says “there is no proof whatsoever” that Russian intelligence is behind the thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee that WikiLeaks released.

“The real story is what these emails contain and they show collusion,” Assange said during an interview with NBC News that will air Monday night on “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt.”

While three cybersecurity experts told NBC that the DNC emails were hacked by Russian intelligence, Assange stressed that Wikileaks has not disclosed the source of the leak.

“Well there is no proof of that whatsoever. We have not disclosed our source, and of course, this is a diversion that’s being pushed by the Hillary Clinton campaign,” he said in an interview.
Since the emails came to light, Debbie Wasserman Schultz has announced she will resign as chair of the Democratic National Committee.

Wasserman Schultz came under fire after emails showing officials from the DNC plotted against Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign.

cnbc.com/2016/07/25/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-no-proof-russian-intelligence-responsible-for-dnc-hack.html

Pinning stuff on Russia. What a McCarthyist move (though without much internal suspicion). We will see as more developments come.

They would have us believe the source of a fact is of more importance than the fact itself.

What else could we expect from a party that values feeling over fact. :shrug:

Well yes, the same thing was done to Edward Snowden, instead of being outraged at what was going on in secret under their noses, the gullible public went after the messenger, mostly thanks to the media, DUH?! What kind of world are we living in?! LOL

Lavrov’s response. :slight_smile: And Trump’s.

rt.com/news/353312-lavrov-four-letter-leaks/

*Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has blasted a reporter over her question on allegations that Russia was behind the DNC email leaks. Lavrov had a concise reply, stating: “I don’t want to use four-letter words.”

He was speaking ahead of talks at the ASEAN summit in Laos. US Secretary of State John Kerry, who was present at the time, also seemed to feel uncomfortable with the reporter’s question.

Donald Trump Jr., in his turn, slammed the theory, saying that Clinton campaigners “will say anything to be able to win.”

The new joke in town is that Russia leaked the disastrous DNC e-mails, which should never have been written (stupid), because Putin likes me

“I mean this is time and time again, lie after lie. You notice he [Mook] won’t say, ‘Well, I say this.’ We hear ‘experts’. His house cat at home once said this is what’s happening with the Russians. It’s disgusting. It’s so phony,” he told CNN.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump took to Twitter to joke about the allegations against Russia.*

:thumbsup:

Indeed. And no concern for the content of the emails. It’s frightening how much Democrats are willing to accept from that party and turn a blind eye to. But, I guess the DNC knows what it’s doing. The base does seem to be easily distracted.

CS Lewis called it “Bulverism.” In logic, a straight-up genetic fallacy.

youtu.be/DH53uFBOGbw

I recently read that nobody actually had to “hack” into Hillary Clinton’s computer. Apparently, the way she used her Blackberry opened up whatever she communicated to with it. I’m no tech person and don’t understand why that would be so, but apparently it is.

Could be that’s how both her emails and the DNC emails were breached.

Russia officially denies hack

The Kremlin said today that accusations from U.S. officials and cybersecurity firms that Moscow was responsible for a massive hack of Democratic National Committee emails are “absurd.”

“Overall, we still see attempts to use – manically use – the Russian issue during the U.S. electoral campaign,” Russian government spokesman Dmitry Peskov said, according to Russia’s state-run news outlet Sputnik. “The absurd claims were immediately refuted directly by a presidential candidate’s family.”

Peskov may have been referring to Donald Trump Jr., who told CNN Sunday that claims by Democrats that the Russians hacked the DNC to help his father in his presidential bid were “disgusting” and “phony.”

abcnews.go.com/International/russia-dnc-hack-accusations-absurd/story?id=40888846

There is a deliberate attempt by the press to tie Trump to Putin and Slate is leading it:

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/07/the_dnc_hack_is_watergate_but_worse.html?wpsrc=sh_all_mob_tw_top

I have no doubt her emails were hacked-I suspect they will begin to be leaked in October

I heard that Wikileaks already has some of them. Assange inferred as much earlier.

Well if nothing else, at least it highlights the continuous anti-Russia propaganda campaign -

KEEP CALM and BLAME RUSSIA!:rolleyes:

Well they may still be involved. At least the security engineers think people with Cyrillic keyboards were involved.

And they say it was a pretty sophisticated attack. Although in my experience, that is a VERY subjective call.

Using Cyrillic keyboards would be a very easy ploy, so as to re-direct blame. No doubt, they would be intelligent enough to think that one up. :smiley:

Russians aren’t the only people who use Cyrillic letters. And there are sophisticated people everywhere.

How do you know Russia hacked the Hillary emails? Clinton campaign is asked. ‘We saw it on CNN.’ Democrats admit they have no evidence of Putin link to disastrous leak

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708804/Hillary-s-campaign-manager-cites-media-reports-asked-evidence-Russia-DNC-hack.html

:rolleyes:

Perhaps this?

thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/26/dnc-hacker-unmasked-he-really-works-for-russia-researchers-say.html

Obama says it’s ‘possible’ Putin is trying to sway U.S. presidential election for Trump cnn.it/2aheDLY

This is just my speculation, but it is starting to look like the US government is starting to apply pressure on Russia to investigate where the hack is coming from and squash it. I don’t think the US government actually thinks the Russian government is behind the hack. But they do think it is Russian or Russian influenced hackers. Could actually be a bunch of Russian hackers who for whatever reason don’t like Hillary.

Sources: US officials warned DNC of hack months before the party acted

edition.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politics/democratic-convention-dnc-emails-russia/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.