Will "all be revealed" in Heaven?

If we make it to Heaven when we die, will we become automatically be granted knowledge of all the mysteries of the universe? I don’t mean just the nature of God, but also things like the meaning of life? Or the thoughts of our loved ones still on earth? Or maybe, will our spirits be able to visit and observe distant stars or planets? Or go back in time and witness the rise of ancient civilizations?
Sorry for all the random & jumbled thoughts, I just want to know if there’s any teaching about whether things like these will be made known to us, or if instead we simply won’t even care about them if we’re in Heaven.
Thanks for any replies!

According to C.S Lewis all that one is allowed to know one will know

But that is just an author : )

God bless You

I would agree with C. S. Lewis, but would phrase it as, we will know all that we need to know. For instance, a petition directed towards a particular person may not (and IMO, most likely not) be heard by someone else, but what do I know, I’ve never been. And if I did find out, I don’t think I would be able/allowed to tell you.

But put simply, I would agree with this.

I think it will be there for us, but I think and hope that we will have to learn it, as in going to the Heavenly library and discovering those things through learning. :slight_smile: I don’t want to just instantly know, I want to discover it and learn it. That will make it more fun and interesting. But yes I think the knowledge will be there for those who want to learn/discover it. We’re going to be like babies to the world of Heaven and have to learn a lot of things about life in Heaven and how things work as well as the truth about things here on earth, earth history and past. :thumbsup: I think we are all in for a lot of interesting days in Heaven. :slight_smile: We will have to learn how to levitate and travel around Heaven just by thinking it. :slight_smile: I would like to learn the real and true history of earth and humanity and how things began. Things not covered in the Bible or history books on earth or science on earth. Not to mention learning all about the millions of other planets and what lives on them if anything. I hope we are allowed to travel through time as observers to see certain historical events. That would be very interesting.

I would like to do all the cool things we imagine ourselves doing in Heaven, to be sure.

Nevertheless, I also have to remind myself that Heaven is, I think, primarily a state of being, rather than doing. Heaven is the Beatific Vision of God - seeing God as he is to the extent that we are capable. “Eternity” is different from “everlastingness”. I’m not sue that, in a strict philosophical sense, we’ll have “time” in Heaven in which to do all that we want.

But I’m not sure that we wont, either!

I don’t believe there’s any dogma on the matter. However, may I posit the following Scriptural prophecy:*1 Corinthians 13:9-12 For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood. *There seems to be an indication that we will have some “full” understanding of things, and that indicates to me that God will share Himself, including His knowledge with us, if we are to be full incorporated into His eternal body. (1 Jn 3:2 is related when it speaks of us seeing God as He is.)

Pope Benedict XII (1334-1342) in his edict “Benedictus Deus” (D 530) and the Council of Florence (1431-1445) in the Bull “Laetentur coeli” (D 693) have defined that the blessed in Heaven enjoy beatific vision whose primary object is the Triune God as He is (D 693), while according to St. Thomas Aquinas such a spirit sees in God all that pertains to itself (S. th. III:10:2).

From “Benedictus Deus”, Jan 29, 1336:

[The blessed] after the passion and death of our Lord Jesus Christ have seen and see the divine essence by intuitive vision, and even face to face, with no mediating creature, serving in the capacity of an object seen, but divine essence immediately revealing itself plainly, clearly, and openly, to them

From “Laetentur coeli”, July 6, 1439:

[The blessed] see clearly the one and triune God Himself just as He is, yet according to the diversity of merits, one more perfectly than another.

From Summa Theologica:

For every created intellect knows in the Word, not all simply, but so many more things the more perfectly it sees the Word. Yet no beatified intellect fails to know in the Word whatever pertains to itself.

Well, there you go!:angel1::getholy::harp:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.