Will all these people mentioned in this verse really go to Hell?

Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9-10,).

I have heard two different protestant views on this issue

1. All homosexuals will go to hell
  2. The only sin unforgiven is dening Christ therfore we dont know

This is my best explanation from my point of view I think for the most part it is Catholic

The bible says that homosexuals will not enter heaven the bible also says all that seek God will not be denied heaven.

Jesus tells us that for those who do not know the Law the Law will not be reconed to thim.

So if I knew I was sining aginst God and willfully persisted no matter what the sin I would go to hell.

But what about homosexuals that dont know what they are doing is really a offense to God? Even IF they where instructed as kids right from wrong.

And where do we draw the line of those who do not know the Law as Jesus said? (oh and I could not find this verse so if someone could list it, it would help) thanks

Murder would not cross this line would it?

But what about adultry some cultures it is custome to have 2 to 3 wives

How do Catholics explain this

this has come up at work and I would like to know how to define what the Church teaches

Any sinner who does not repent and turn from their sins will not make it into the kingdom of God.

I have never encountered any culture that teaches the things you mention. Is this a “what if” then?

Where is there a society that allows polygamy.

Bear in mind the following from Romans 1.
[size=][FONT=“Palatino Linotype”][18]For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who by their wickedness suppress the truth.
[19] For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
[20] Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse;
[21] for although they knew God they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking and their senseless minds were darkened.
[22] Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
[23] and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man or birds or animals or reptiles.
[24] Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,
[25] because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever! Amen.
[26] For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural,
[27] and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error.
[28] And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a base mind and to improper conduct.
[29] They were filled with all manner of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity, they are gossips,
[30] slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,
[31] foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
[32] Though they know God’s decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them but approve those who practice them
[/size][/FONT]

So ALL homosexuals and fornicators go to Hell?

What about that verse I tried to quote do you know what verse im talking about CM? Where Christ dosnt recone to those who have not heard but to those who have

I remember Tim Staples mentioned the verse to Matt Slick on the debate they have been having the past couple weeks

How do I explain that not all homosexuals will rot in hell. They will only if they realize what there doing offends God.

I thought this was Church teaching maybe Im wrong:shrug:

homosexuals and fornicators go to Hell?

What about that verse I tried to quote do you know what verse im talking about CM? Where Christ dosnt recone to those who have not heard but to those who have

I remember Tim Staples mentioned the verse to Matt Slick on the debate they have been having the past couple weeks

How do I explain that not all homosexuals will rot in hell. They will only if they realize what there doing offends God.

I thought this was Church teaching maybe Im wrong:shrug:I’m not sure what you are getting at. Any unrepentant sexually active homosexual, (just as any unrepentant, sexually active heterosexual) will find themselves in hell.

The important thing is that you keep in mind that there is an aspect of this that we cannot know and is strictly the realm of God. Realize though that as Romans says, at judgement, no one will have an excuse.

The key word that Michael made is pretty clear.

Unrepentant sinners will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. **Repentant sinners **will go to heaven. **Unrepentant sinners **will go to hell.”

The key word is unrepentant. If you fall in this catagory, you need to repent, ask for forgiveness, and avoid the near occasion of sin. If you are Catholic, go to confession and have your sins absolved.

You hit the nail right on the head. There is a BIG (ie. eternal) difference in outcomes between being truly sorry for having offended God and stubbornly persisting in sin.

Those who come to know the truth and refuse to repent and change their ways will not enter the Kingdom.

While the Ten Commandments were given to the Jews for all people, they embody a code of morality, except for keeping the Sabbath, that all should know. Thus all those with the use of reason are guilty if they disobey and cannot reach Heaven unless they repent.

If you can’t get into Heaven there is only one other destination for you.

Perhaps you are thinking of Luke 12:47-48, where Jesus says:
47And that servant who knew his master’s will, but did not make ready or act according to his will, shall receive a severe beating. 48But he who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, shall receive a light beating.

Also, try not to think of people in terms of “homosexual” and “heterosexual”. Those terms are relatively recent and present a false anthropology. All men are fallen and have sinful inclinations.

no but close I wish someone could adress this passage and the other im thinking of.

I know for a fact that this verse is out there I just herd it in a debate. But I need someone to explain it in light of Catholic teaching

It has been explained to you. All unrepentant sinners will go to hell. Those who repent will not.

I understand but what about those who do not know the sin to be sin.

Lets take fornication for example

You cant tell me that a 14 year old girl who has been lied to about what love is and has sex thinking there is nothing wrong with it because she has not heard the truth of God.

She has to know first of all that it is a Mortal sin the Church teaches this

what I am having problems with is trying to explain this in light of this verse I cant thank of.

It would help if you tried answering my question other than just stating something I already know.

how would you explain this?

Odell,
Can you show me this person today who is over 18 and does not know that the Catholic Church teaches that homosexual acts are considered a sin. And if you find them, then in some fashion you just informed them of the teaching didn’t you.

For a sin to be mortal three conditions must be met.

Here it is right from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

1857 For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must together be met: “Mortal sin is sin whose object is grave matter and which is also committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent.”

So in your example, no the 14 year old girl who did not know that having sex when not married is a mortal sin is not guilty of committing a mortal sin but…

In your example you said, “who has been lied to”, to me that says that she had suspicions that it was wrong to do in the first place. The Law of the Lord is written upon our hearts and deep down many people know what is right and what is wrong they just chose not to listen to it.

It is really not our place to say who, if anyone, is in Hell. Really we are all called to hope that Hell is empty. Only God can see what is in someone’s soul, we can not.

• full knowledge Jesus said that these will not be judged by this Law. + full knowledge and you have someone who has herd the gospel Jesus says that then you will be held liable.

VERY simlple do you know what verse im talking of?

Does anybody?

let me make this clear im not for any of this im just trying to get a better understanding of someones culpability of knowing if it is a mortal sin or not who is liveing any of these life styles

I know Jesus touched on it I just cant think of the verse.

We have answered you plainly as to what the Catholic Church teaches on this matter.

It is important to note that the Catholic Church is not a Bible only Church.

I KNOW WHAT THE CHURCH TEACHES!!!

Do you KNOW what verse im talking about? If you dont than dont even bother repling.:banghead:

:tsktsk: I believe many people here, myself included, have told you what we think this verse is talking about.:tsktsk:

It is talking about what will happen to unrepentant sinners.

As for who should or should not reply, I do not think you get a say in that. :stuck_out_tongue:

AND AGAIN

thanks to you guys I know what the Church teaches

BUT YOUR not helping me

I asked if you know what verse im talking about

YOU dont so why do you even bother?

I dont care what else you have to say because I know what your going to say. (and I believe it) If you dont know the verse im looking for leave it at that.

I never thought I would have this much trouble with a fellow Catholic thanks alot for the help:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.