Will even satan confess Christ?

Scripture says every knee in Heaven on Earth and undwr the Earth and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God the Father. Will this, at the Parousia, include satan before he is banished to hell? Will the evil one, completely defeated by Jesus, confess His Divinty? I’d love to see that.

Satan and his demons already know he is Jesus the Christ. In the NT they are told to keep silent about Christ's true identity. Will Satan be saved? Revelations say he is chained.

Satan will be eternally damned.

[quote="Layp3rs0n, post:1, topic:333485"]
Scripture says every knee in Heaven on Earth and undwr the Earth and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God the Father. Will this, at the Parousia, include satan before he is banished to hell? Will the evil one, completely defeated by Jesus, confess His Divinty? I'd love to see that.

[/quote]

All beings will admit the lordship of Christ as St. Paul states in Scripture. Not all will be saved which makes God sad since Love wishes all be saved and come to a knowledge of the Truth.

First, the devil is a spirit being with no tongue. Howrver, in his rebellion, he decided once for all eternity, to reject God. He confronted Christ in the Flesh and still tempted him, saying "If you are son of God..."

[quote="po18guy, post:5, topic:333485"]
First, the devil is a spirit being with no tongue. Howrver, in his rebellion, he decided once for all eternity, to reject God. He confronted Christ in the Flesh and still tempted him, saying "If you are son of God..."

[/quote]

Did the devil tempt Jesus with sign language or did he use his tongue?

[quote="StrawberryJam, post:6, topic:333485"]
Did the devil tempt Jesus with sign language or did he use his tongue?

[/quote]

He has no physical body. Neither Do Gabriel, Michael or Raphael. Now what?

[quote="po18guy, post:7, topic:333485"]
He has no physical body. Neither Do Gabriel, Michael or Raphael. Now what?

[/quote]

Where do the voices come from then? No tongue, no voice.

[quote="StrawberryJam, post:8, topic:333485"]
Where do the voices come from then? No tongue, no voice.

[/quote]

So by that same token "The Holy Spirit" cannot speak either eh? :rolleyes:

Oh wait the Holy Spirit "Spoke through the Prophets" :D

So how did HE communicate with the Prophets?

Can GOD Speak to us or even to Jesus and Mary and all the Saints and Angels in Heaven?
Or how can they communicate with each other if they have NO physical bodies apart from Jesus and Mary.

Aren't you trying to apply YOUR materiality to everything including the spiritual realm?

Maybe God made us with some unknown "TO US" special receiver that allows us to receive these type of messages ;)
Some people can better "tune in" into this "receiver" while others are only able to receive "static" :thumbsup:

I didn't mean to imply spirits have body parts like knees and tongues. Obviously they don't. They are entirely incorporal. I meant will satan, in his defeat, confess Jesus as Lord? Will he will that acknowledgement after being overcome and before being cast into hell?

It’s possible, but I don’t think St. Paul’s remarks in this regard in Philippians necessarily have to be extended beyond the human race.

Scripture says every knee in Heaven on Earth and undwr the Earth and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God the Father. Will this, at the Parousia, include satan before he is banished to hell? Will the evil one, completely defeated by Jesus, confess His Divinty? I'd love to see that.

[/quote]

Following the Revelations of St. Bridget of Sweden, it does not seem likely:

Then our Lord answered: "Since I am so merciful that I do not refuse my mercy and forgiveness to anyone asking for it, ask me then humbly for mercy for yourself, and I will give it to you." The devil answered: "Never shall I do this. For when I fell, a punishment was established for every sin and for every worthless word and thought. And every spirit or devil that fell will have his punishment. And before I would bend my knee before you, I would rather swallow all the punishments in me, as long as my mouth could be opened and closed in punishment, so that my punishment would be forever renewed.”

[quote="Layp3rs0n, post:3, topic:333485"]
Satan will be eternally damned.

[/quote]

Once an angel rebels, they are lost forever, similar to when we die, if we do so without the friendship of God, we are lost forever.

It’s preternatural.

[/quote]

However, even if the devil had a tongue, there is no truth or light in him. To confess Christ would require bearing witness to the truth, which the devil cannot do. He emptied himself of that ability.

[quote="JerryZ, post:9, topic:333485"]
So by that same token "The Holy Spirit" cannot speak either eh? :rolleyes:

Oh wait the Holy Spirit "Spoke through the Prophets" :D

So how did HE communicate with the Prophets?

Can GOD Speak to us or even to Jesus and Mary and all the Saints and Angels in Heaven?
Or how can they communicate with each other if they have NO physical bodies apart from Jesus and Mary.

Aren't you trying to apply YOUR materiality to everything including the spiritual realm?

Maybe God made us with some unknown "TO US" special receiver that allows us to receive these type of messages ;)
Some people can better "tune in" into this "receiver" while others are only able to receive "static" :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Your Holy Spirit is not on topic in this thread.

Exactly.

Voices in heads hear them.

God has spoken from heaven and many have heard Him. Yet, he has no body, being pure Spirit. There is something beyond our human senses that allows this.

Does it damn those who do not hear this to eternal seperation?

Nothing to indicate this. Only that some heard it clearly, others did not. I think it has more to do with the disposition of their hearts. And, it is that disposition that carries the potential to separate them form God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.