Will God forgive me if I amconfused about people?

:shrug: Hello! I am super worried since I am a person that deeply loves God, but some recent event are making me feel scared. a week ago, I moved to a new town to work as a teacher,but I could not find an independent room to rent inmediately,so I rented a room at an old woman house. this woman was an elementary school teacher. at the beggining, I though that this woman was nice and that she prayed the rosary, but later I found out some strange things. First, she had some weird bottle at her bathroom. (some kind of magic bottle) at first I got scared but then I though that I had to trust God. a couple of days later , I saw a red bag hanging from her door hall right at the highest part of the hall and she still keep it there. when I saw that, started to believe that she was a witch ,so I inmediately wanted to leave the place but I did not had any place to go and I though that God was going to protect me. I calmed down just thinking that this was a confused woman and that probably I had to teach her about God. I try to read the Bible for her but she told me that some people just get crazy for Reading the Bible ( I did not believe what she said). Today, when I came out of work, she told me that she visited an old woman with her sister and she started to say that the woman she visited had healing powers which scared me even more. I told her that those places are not good and that we should trust God that nothing is imposible to God and that we just have to trust and be faithful. I was planning to leave this house earlier but now I will do it tomorrow because the stress of living with this person is causing me so much stress that I feel like I am going crazy. I do not believe in witches but I have not felt like eating the food she offers me because I get disgusted when I look at the red bag she has hanging at the hall. I do not know what that bag is but I think it is weird. I have been feelig sick here because of strees , I even developed dark circles for being scared… I can not eat because I do not feel like it. I have just drink milk ,bread,fruit and cheese from the fridge, but I have buy these foods myself at the market because I can not eat anything from her.I am going crazy do you think God is upset with me from renting a room at this woman house? will God heal my mind if I feel going crazy? I came here just because she made me think at the very beginning that she was a good catholic but she is not. she even told me that she feels that it is correct to visit that woman that she believe has healing powers even if it is not approved by catholic church. The only reason I stayed here this long is because I trust God and I though that I should continuing trusting God, but now I think I have to move out which I am going to do tomorrow to a friend´s place until I get own on my own. will God forgive me for staying in this house out of ignorance since she made me believe she was a catholic? like me. I am a Young woman and right now I feel so depressed because I know she had entered to the room that I used when I was working since she asked me why I haven´t unpacked? will God help me and forgive as son as I leave this house? I did not practice any evil since I love my God.

Fear not sister! You are in no sin. You stay true to the Truth of the Church and witness when necessary at your own discernment. This is your cross to bear for a time, and you are not failing God. I will pray for you.
Let Christ put you at ease. Let his Holy Mother comfort you. Do not fear the devices of the damned and pray for those who may have fallen under the spells of satan. Christ has you!

God bless you,your words made feel a lot better, thank you.

I’m happy you are feeling better! I will pray for you. Christ loves you, dearly.

God grant you peace. You resisted what you gradually recognised was wrong, and have found courage to move out even though you have no satisfactory accommodation available yet.
We don’t always immediately know how to deal with something, especially when we are at a disadvantage. You choose God and God’s truth. That is your optimum choice and God knows this. God knows your intentions, and they are good. Good comes from God, so that your heart is with Him, so don’t be afraid.

When you move, please try to recover your health and peace.
At present you are very unsettled due to living in a situation that you found fearful.
Your physical system and your thoughts need peace and recovery.

God bless you, thank you so much.

Wel phrased.

Put on the Armour of Christ. Keep the Faith. Remember Jesus said, “Fear not, I am with you always”. Pray for them. I’ll be praying for your intentions.

Thank you Tawny! You are kind. May God bless you!

Furius and princesskey, are you the same person?

Why don’t you stay and be a good influence on her?

No, it just appeared that way because I posted thanks to Tawny underneath her advice post so it appeared I was thanking her for the advice to princesskey, when in fact I was thanking her for her above post addressed to me. If I had quoted her properly, the confusion wouldn’t exist.

Actually, now I am seeing Tawny’s message to me is no longer here. I could have sworn she said something about something I wrote…maybe it was in another thread…boy I feel silly, lol.

Oh, I see!

I’m sorry, I missed that!

:blush:

princesskey,

You did nothing wrong by taking a room in this house. You just made a simple mistake and that is all. Nothing at all to fret about or worry with.

However for your own safety, move out as soon as you can because it can be dangerous living with someone who calls upon dark powers, especially if they decide to use them on you. And even being around a person of that type can be infectuously bad.

I will pray to Mary and St. Michael to protect you.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

Sounds to me as if this woman is a Catholic who delves into New Age: the bottle (probably herbs which are fine but are strange looking) and a woman who does healings. She doesn’t seem strange to me - the New Age has been denounced by the bishops however is not witchcraft. The fact that she has a red bag may just mean that she likes red. I don’t think you need to be worried, but if you are still scared of something then moving to your friend’s place is probably a good thing. God won’t find anything wrong with you, I don’t think. I imagine He will see someone who doesn’t trust Him as much as He would like, but won’t be thinking that you’ve sinned or anything. Relax! Things needn’t be as black as you paint them and I do see some scrupulosity in your post, btw.

God bless you all, I was not able to move out yet, but today I saw a different personality in this old lady since I found out that she has a group of prayer. She prays the rosary every day with this group of ladies. Right now they are praying and they were even singing to the Lord. Probably she is a good person that just need to trust more in God. I am sorry if some words are not well understood but English is not my first language.

Sounds as if she’s a good Catholic, like you’d said and originally thought. Bless you in your dealings with her. Maybe you can join in her rosary/prayer group?

Okay, that was very hard to read in one long paragraph, so I broke it up. What do you teach? Why do you think it’s a ‘magic’ bottle? There isn’t such a thing. But I keep fancy looking lotions and soaps in bottles in my bathroom, even scented oils. Why would a red bag make you scared or worried? I have a purple velvet bag that I use to keep things in; would that be concerning to you?

I try to read the Bible for her but she told me that some people just get crazy for Reading the Bible ( I did not believe what she said). Today, when I came out of work, she told me that she visited an old woman with her sister and she started to say that the woman she visited had healing powers which scared me even more. I told her that those places are not good and that we should trust God that nothing is imposible to God and that we just have to trust and be faithful. I was planning to leave this house earlier but now I will do it tomorrow because the stress of living with this person is causing me so much stress that I feel like I am going crazy. I do not believe in witches but I have not felt like eating the food she offers me because I get disgusted when I look at the red bag she has hanging at the hall. I do not know what that bag is but I think it is weird.

It’s true; some people DO get crazy reading the Bible, but they were probably unstable to begin with. Secondly, there are legitimate Catholics who do have ‘healing’ gifts from the Holy Spirit. Part of believing that is trusting in God, as well. I’m finding it strange that you are that scared about a red bag (and I actually have bags of many colors; sometimes they hang in the hall, other times in the bedroom. Nothing witchy about that). I think it’s your own thoughts that are getting you worked up, not anything that is actually in the bag, and causing you not to be able to eat.

I have been feelig sick here because of strees , I even developed dark circles for being scared… I can not eat because I do not feel like it. I have just drink milk ,bread,fruit and cheese from the fridge, but I have buy these foods myself at the market because I can not eat anything from her.I am going crazy do you think God is upset with me from renting a room at this woman house? will God heal my mind if I feel going crazy? I came here just because she made me think at the very beginning that she was a good catholic but she is not. she even told me that she feels that it is correct to visit that woman that she believe has healing powers even if it is not approved by catholic church. The only reason I stayed here this long is because I trust God and I though that I should continuing trusting God, but now I think I have to move out which I am going to do tomorrow to a friend´s place until I get own on my own. will God forgive me for staying in this house out of ignorance since she made me believe she was a catholic? like me. I am a Young woman and right now I feel so depressed because I know she had entered to the room that I used when I was working since she asked me why I haven´t unpacked? will God help me and forgive as son as I leave this house? I did not practice any evil since I love my God.

I personally think you are getting yourself very worked up, based on the information you’ve provided. Please, find a way to calm down. If you have a room in someone’s house, it wouldn’t be surprising that they opened the door, or perhaps even glanced the door when you yourself opened it.

There is, however, nothing wrong with you living somewhere else. But please don’t condemn this woman based on assumptions and lack of knowledge.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.