Will God still love me?

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I hope this doesn’t offend or make anyone uncomfortable, I am just genuinely looking for opinions and advice.

I’m a 25 year old Lesbian who lives with her partner. I have had so much trouble with the idea of faith. A little back story. I have known that I am gay since I was pretty young. I never had a moment in my life where I was attracted to men. Growing up I didn’t even know being gay was possible or existed, but I knew that I didn’t feel affection for boys like people said I should. It took some time, but eventually I realized it was because I was Gay. I grew up Catholic with a very religious father, my mother not as much as my father, and very religious aunts, uncles, and cousins. When I came out to my parents I was met with acceptance. My fathers opinion was very important to me. He does not believe gay people should be married. For him that is for man and women to come together and eventually have children, and I respect his opinion, but he also respects my relationship in return. He loves me and my partner dearly and has no issue with us being a couple as long as we don’t get married. Now here is where my issue begins. I am very happy that my family and especially my father are okay with me being gay, but something has always been missing and left a void in me. That is my relationship with God. Next to my father, I am probably the next most religious person in my family, but I feel like am I not supposed to be? Does God not want me? Does he still love me and accept me as a faithful follower even though I do not live by this part of his teachings? Am I still valid as a Catholic? It is something that has been tearing me apart. I want so much to be a part of my church and I feel so close to God, but then I read things telling me I am not allowed to. I have shed so many tears on this. I just really wanted to live a nice quite life with my partner and my faith. I respect all people’s opinions and never try to make any others around me accept my relationship, but does it really mean I am unforgivable to God?

Thank you for taking the time to read. I know a lot of people on here have serious reservations about Lgbt people and I’m really sorry if seeing this offended you. Any advice and/or opinions are truly appreciated even if they might not be what I hope to hear. God Bless you all.

First off; you’re a brave woman for posting this question and I respect you for it. Second; God does love you and you’re being gay is forgivable. The problem lies in the fact you engage in lesbian sex. That’s the part God doesn’t like and I apologize if this hurts your feelings. The Church does accept lesbian members as long as they remain chaste. The only question is the actively engaging in the sex. Perhaps if you could live with your partner chastely as sisters? I hope this does provide some help to you; though I fear this might not be what you want to hear. God bless you.

Jesus knows how many tears and for so many different reasons I have handed Him up in Adoration.
Just as I am.
Jesus also knows the patience, love and accompaniment I have had from incredibly charitable and wise priests.
God loves you,you are a child of God.
Take up all your questions,searches,tears to Jesus in Adoration and find a good priest and Spiritual director to help you walk this walk.
That is the best I can share with you.
As many prayers,count on them,MD92.
God bless you.

God loves you no matter what. Whatever happens, do not ever doubt God’s love.

Also, we are all sinners. Every one of us.

The only “unforgivable sin” is if you reject God. From your post, it sounds like you are doing the exact opposite of that.

I would follow the good advice graciew has given already above. An internet forum is not the best place to be dealing with this issue.

God bless you and I will pray for you.

You need to find God, or come to accept there is no God, somewhere other than in the Catholic Church. Your love for your partner, and your expression of your instincts will find no acceptance in the Church. The most likely hypothesis for the existence of gay people to my mind is that communities in which a percentage of people did not have children had more people available to love and care for the children of those who did. These communities would therefore have more children successfully raised to adulthood, and therefore more descendants. Homosexuality as a percentage of the population therefore provided an evolutionary advantage. This is real natural law,as distinct from the theoretical ‘natural law’ made up by medieval philosophers. You are a normal part of human society. People like you may well be the reason we have human society. If there is a God, s/he made it this way. If you are a believer, find a community of bellowers who accept you.

God does want you. He sent His Son to die for your sins. 1 Corinthians 6 says “Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God”. Two of those categories hit close to home. Don’t be deceived; homosexual acts will destroy you. In the same way, stealing, drunkenness or murder will destroy one who engages in it. People who engage in homosexual relationships/sex will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

That’s not to say that you’re hopeless, it just means that you need help (from God). You must renounce that relationship that you’re in and refrain from hardening your heart. Heaven and Hell are at stake here; examine your relationship in light of that. Homosexuals can be saved, but only if they acknowledge the fact that what they desire to do does not define them. They can live a life of holiness in subjugating those desires.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.