Will Husband and Wife reunite after death?

My grandfather passed away a few years ago and my grandmother (who is very devout Catholic) has been very sad about it. She mentioned one day to my mom that she cannot wait to be reunited with him again when she dies. Although my mom didn’t mention this to her, she told me that she doesn’t believe that husband and wife reunite after death, and if they do it is not in a marriage type of bond anymore. Rather it is more like reuniting with any friend or family member. I know the Bible says that we will be as the angels and be abstinent but does that mean that the marriage bond is only for our lives on earth? I can see my grandmothers side on this and how she would want to be with her husband again as his companion, his partner, his other half. So what does the Catholic faith say about this?

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Will I still be married in heaven?
*]Whose husband will he be in heaven?
*]Is there marriage in heaven?
*]Twice married, which spouse would one spend eternity with?
*]Why isn’t marriage for eternity?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.