Will Judas Iscariot also sit on one of twelve thrones?

Lord Jesus said: “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”(Matthew 19:28)

But one of them was Judas Iscariot. Will he sit on one of twelve thrones?

There is a qualifier there. And in another place, perhaps to warn Judas not to do what he did … Jesus says (generally, but to Judas specifically we know now) " … but woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man … better for HIM if he’d never been born. <paraphrase, but accurate, no?

In the end, Judas didn’t follow Jesus, he betrayed Him. :frowning:

No. He was replaced by St. Matthias in Acts.

[quote="mcrts, post:3, topic:332194"]
No. He was replaced by St. Matthias in Acts.

[/quote]

Correct, and the Script clearly and expressedly states so.

Thanks for answers but Lord Jesus says some thing about them in futurity. Judas was one of them, so it must happen about him, because The God is not limited in time, and when he says some thing in futurity he already sees that.

As you said Lord Jesus knew what judas want to do, And he talks about such view in Doomsday.

When he says "who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones" he means that Judas will follow him! And 12th person who substituted by Judas is not one of persons who Lord Jesus said it to them.

I can't understand.

Judas did not follow Jesus as he betrayed Him in the end. And if you recall even though Paul was not among the 12 physically, he became the 13th apostle. So, Jesus spoke of those who followed him in all things, not just physically.

Peace.

+JMJ+

[quote="javid, post:5, topic:332194"]
Thanks for answers but Lord Jesus says some thing about them in futurity. Judas was one of them, so it must happen about him, because The God is not limited in time, and when he says some thing in futurity he already sees that.

As you said Lord Jesus knew what judas want to do, And he talks about such view in Doomsday.

When he says "who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones" he means that Judas will follow him! And 12th person who substituted by Judas is not one of persons who Lord Jesus said it to them.

I can't understand.

[/quote]

Judas betrayed Jesus. He did NOT follow him.

[quote="javid, post:1, topic:332194"]
Lord Jesus said: "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."(Matthew 19:28)

But one of them was Judas Iscariot. Will he sit on one of twelve thrones?

[/quote]

I believe Jesus Christ was talking about an event that has already occurred. The Acts of the Apostles. Jesus Christ ascended into heaven and sat down on his glorious throne (fulfilled). The twelve then went on to judge the twelve tribes of Israel (fulfilled). Therefore historically no Judas Iscariot did not judge the twelve tribes of Israel, his office was taken by another.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.