Will Miss America Kira Kazantsev be forced to relinquish crown in wake of sorority hazing scandal?

foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/09/24/will-miss-america-kira-kazantsev-be-forced-to-relinquish-crown-in-wake-sorority/

Just a week into her reign as Miss America 2015, Kira Kazantsev has had to answer questions about a three month internship at Planned Parenthood and getting kicked out of her Hofstra University sorority for abusive hazing.

“Under the broad definition of hazing, yes, I was involved,” Kazantsev told “Good Morning America” on Tuesday. “At the time, unfortunately, that was just the culture of the university, and I was hazed, and I was kind of brought up through the organization thinking that is appropriate behavior.”…

There are some very graphic details online about this. I am shocked at how mean sorority girls can be.

She will stay. This is a Planned Parenthood former employee who will receive great media coverage defending her all the way.

the whole things rubs me wrong, She ought to be dumped. her internships at an abortion mill like planned parenthood is bad enough. Now we have bad sorority behavior to boot which was bad enough to be kicked out. shame on Miss American judges for picking her.

I wish the diabetic would have won. Or the American Idol finalist–she was beautiful and she could sing!

I’m frankly irritated that someone who sat on the stage and drummed a plastic cup and sang a simple song won so many tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship monies. So many other deserving women in that competition. Sigh.

I absolutely think that she should lose her crown. Hazing is a no go. I read where she claimed that she didn’t know what she was doing was wrong because it was done to her. I can say that is a bold faced lie. In my sorority new members and sisters had to sign paperwork acknowledging what hazing is and why it is wrong. There is even the National Hazing Prevention Week, which isn’t just a national thing for my sorority, but for Greek Life as a whole. We would have speakers come to my school to talk about hazing. OMG I could keep going. She knew what she was doing and she knew it was wrong. That crown should be snatched from her so quick.

From where I am, there are news of students who died from hazing. Some in college, some (probably plenty) in law schools. Hazing is not allowed, but some sororities and fraternities still do it under wraps.

The problem I have with her is that her defense is that she thought it was appropriate. I know of GLOs who haze, they also know it is illegal. It isn’t a big secret that hazing is wrong and she is playing the ignorance card. For someone to be kicked out and stripped of her letters, it was much more than yelling at new members or picking on them.

A sorority at my school got in trouble for blind folding new members and taking them in the woods. No one was kicked out, they were on probation with their nationals. Again, she did something BAD to be kicked out.

you’re kidding me correct? Well it is kinda obvious that they picked her for her “work” in planned murder oops I mean planned parenthood. I hope this whole thing give Miss America contest a big black eye. Shame on those judges for picking this chick.

so she worked at Planned Parenthood the world’s biggest provider of abortions and abortion murders a baby and abuses the mother. Then she is kicked out of a sorority for hazing and thinks its no big deal because everyone does it or that was the “culture”. she makes me want to throw-up and if she doesn’t step down, I hope abuse groups and pro-life people protest her where ever she goes.

I liked the one who was the american idol finalist also but she was not the runner up behind the woman crowned miss america.

Why didn’t they know about the hazing and the internship at planned parenthood before she ran in the miss new york pageant?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.