Will non catholics go to heaven

Hello, my name is jaxon. i am the only catholic in my family. non of my friends or family are catholic. i love my friends and family dearly and when i heard the catechisms teasing about non catholics not having salvation i cried and became frightened that my friends and family will never get to go to heaven. i’ve tried talking to them about God and the church but they just don’t believe and prefer not to talk about it. they don’t bash or hate God they just don’t believe. It makes me feel like i’ve become trapped in some scary cult that says i won’t go to heaven if a i leave. i don’t feel at peace with God, i feel trapped in the church. what if one day i decided to leave? what about my grandfather who died who did not believe in God. What about my grandmother who left the church because she was molested when she was younger. i’m so upset about this and i don’t know what to do!

Read what Jesus said per the Gospel?
Matthew 7:13-14 The Narrow Gate.

13 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many. 14 How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life. And those who find it are few.

so will everyone enter through the gate?

Yes, they could enter heaven if they do the will of God. In remote areas of the world where people never heard of Jesus before are still saved because they do what is good in the eyes of God.

but if they don’t, like the other members of my family

Then pray secretly to God for them. Pray that they may know Jesus.

and if they never do?

We leave them to the mercy of God. Even though there is no salvation found outside of the Catholic Church, God’s mercy is great and Jesus has died for our sins. In the Church, we are shown the way to salvation, how it is done through the graces that are made available therein.

Outside of the Church, without the graces of the Sacraments, they will have to depend on their own and it may be difficult to be saved as the road to damnation is easy and wide which people can easily go and choose to.

Thanks God that you have received the grace of salvation in your Baptism. You may fall along the way but the Church is like a huge hospital healing our sicknesses due to sins.

Continue to live the life you are called to so that you will be a witness to others, especially the one you loved, that when they see you they are not totally in the dark but that your light may show them the way to God.

Never under estimate the power of God within you.

God bless you.

As @Reuben_J have said, we leave them to the mercy of God.

Not all will be saved (narrow gate).

Short answer: It depends.

Here is what scripture says…
Matthew 25:35-40 New International Version (NIV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Have you gone and talked to your Priest about this? It seems to me you are have much deeper issues that need to be hashed out.

God Bless

Is that the catholic church? Only The Roman Catholic Church? Only churches in communion with Rome? Are Protestant churches included? What about reformed catholic churches? Or Non denominational churches?

Dogmas of the Catholic Church

Baptism by water (Baptismus fluminis) is, since the promulgation of the Gospel, necessary for all men without exception for salvation

For children before the age of reason, the reception of the Eucharist is not necessary for salvation.

The Sacrament of Penance is necessary for salvation to those who, after Baptism, fall into grievous sin.

There was another thread where some were saying that knowing the dogmas of the faith wasn’t really that important. I disagree. Our salvation and the salvation of our family and friends DEPENDS on it.

Ps: there I go capitalizing words again

First of all stay TRUE to your Catholic Faith no matter what. Be a living example of Jesus to your family and friends. That more than words will lead them to our Lord. Pray for them and invite them to Mass with you. They may refuse and they may criticize you for your belief but don’t give up. Now about non Catholics going to Heaven, there will be all kinds of Christians in Heaven. Jesus died for ALL of us and we all are God’s children. We have the opportunity to know, love and serve the lord until our last breath. Don’t give up on those you love. I understand about your sadness and about your worry for those you love but GIVE THEM TO GOD in prayer. He can change the hardest of hearts and the darkest of souls.

#2 in this article

This is a difficult topic to explain in one or two sentences so here is a good article on the subject. If you would like to discuss anything in the article feel free to post.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/what-no-salvation-outside-the-church-means

God Bless

Will non catholics go to heaven ?

It’s up to God who goes to heaven .

So are saying their own goodness is sufficiency to enter heaven? Then Jesus never would have to come and die for our sins. That is the heart of the gospel message.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.