Will the Holy Spirit leave the earth

Can someone please answer this question. My sister who is a Babtist says to me that the Holy Spirit will leave the earth. Can anyone tell me what she meant by that?

Thanks,
Kathy

[quote=BOBKAT]Can someone please answer this question. My sister who is a Babtist says to me that the Holy Spirit will leave the earth. Can anyone tell me what she meant by that?

Thanks,
Kathy
[/quote]

She could be talking about the ‘Rapture’. When the ‘true followers’ are raptured up into heaven. …I noticed that in the Left Behind books.

In my personal reflection, here is my answer to your question:

NO!

Go with God!
Edwin

[quote=BOBKAT]Can someone please answer this question. My sister who is a Babtist says to me that the Holy Spirit will leave the earth. Can anyone tell me what she meant by that?
[/quote]

She probably just means that at during the end-times the Holy Spirit won’t restrain evil in the world anymore.

ken

I don’t really understand how this could be possible, the Holy Spirit leaving the earth. When we are baptized, we receive the Holy Spirit and He is with us always. We are also taught that where Jesus is, there also are the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Now that you say that maybe she did mean Rapture. I know that she read the books and her church preaches such things I just didn’t make the connection. Next time I will ask her what she meant, and if she did mean the Rapture than I will be able to respond. I am trying to bring her home. but I need more insight myself so I can answer her questions or reply on her remarks.

You may just want to ask her if you get the chance. I’m sure that she doesn’t mean it as harsh as I initially interpret the claim.

I was baptist for many years. Actually, I was brought up as one. The teaching of the Rapture is a big deal to them. I think what is meant that afte the rapture, the Holy Spirit will no longer be here on earth. After all, with no more christians here, why need the Holy Spirit.

Also, the Spirit will not be holding back the wrath of God. God’s wrath will be unleashed upon the world, in a time known as the tribulation. Christian’s, it is said, will excape this wrath. There is a verse used, I can’t remember the exact reference, that says the believers will escape the wrath of God.

You were Babtist? Can I ask what are you now?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.