Will the Priest be worried?

Hi, first post here. Today I went to confession and confessed that I’d felt suicidal, and I’m worried that I made the Priest worried about me. What should I do?

He will pray for you I’m sure and he may just check on you from time to time and ask you how you are doing. He can’t discuss anything outside of the Confessional that you told him in Confession with you unless you ask him to.

1 Like

I agree he will pray for you and that he can’t discuss what you said.
If you feel better or have made a move to see a doctor or a counsellor or something then compassion dictates that it might be nice to take him aside and let him know after mass or ask to speak to him briefly just to update him out of kindness. He will trust in God to help you, but of course he will have concern.
I do hope you get some help, I have felt that way before and there is a way forward to feel better. God bless you I will pray for you, how lovely and kind of you to think how the priest will feel.

1 Like

He will do exactly what I will do for you: pray.

1 Like

Jesus has heard all these issues before. He will guide you.

1 Like

Stop what you’re doing, pick up the phone, and call the hotline.

I understand that you probably don’t feel that way now while things are clearer, but while you’re clear, get the help to stay that way!

our prayers. :pray:

hawk

2 Likes

Now I’M - worried about you :stuck_out_tongue:

But Honesty - is the best policy !

I think it’s cool of you to open your heart to the Priest.
And he’s a prayer warrior -
And I’m sure he gave you sweet advice -
Trust me, you don’t want the opposite reaction from him - lol

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.