Will there be Catholic in hell?

The warning of the Scriptures is that our sins send us to hell.

Now the same Bible that tells of heaven and gives us the plan for our salvation tell us that sin is breaking the Law found in the Scriptures.

You can read this in 1 John 3:4.

If we have another way to heaven other than the one found in the Scriptures will be be allowed to enter heaven?

BB

[quote=BillyBayou613]The warning of the Scriptures is that our sins send us to hell.

Now the same Bible that tells of heaven and gives us the plan for our salvation tell us that sin is breaking the Law found in the Scriptures.

If we have another way to heaven other than the one found in the Scriptures will be be allowed to enter heaven?

BB
[/quote]

Sorry but I’m confused. What does your question in the title of the thread got to do with your comments?

Catholics teach and believe what Jesus taught… that there is no way to the Father other than through Jesus.

Jesus is the only way one is saved.

There is but One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism

Further… everyone in heaven is Catholic. This is so because at the end of our mortal lives, we will see the Beatific Vision (God), and the fullness of Truth (Jesus) will be before us. All obstacles to belief and understanding will be removed, and we shall make it a reality of One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. Hence we will all then belong fully to the Body of Christ, which is the Church.

Further, … everyone in hell is Catholic. This is so because… (same as above).
However… for whatever reason one has rejected this Truth (in the mortal life), that person has condemned himself to hell eternally, knowing the Truth of One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism.

How much better to study the Truth and accept it now, than taking a chance to believe at the last moment.

Those outside the Catholic Church have less than the fullness of Truth available to them. Kinda like running on half empty. You might make it, but why not use all the graces which the Lord has made available for all.

The Truth is not something, it is somebody, and His Name is Jesus Christ

Of course there will be Catholics in hell. But there will be Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, and who knows who all else there also. That’s because the name over the door has nothing to do with whether or not you get into Heaven. What you do with Jesus and ONLY what you do with Jesus is what gets you into Heaven.

**It’s not for us to try to figure out who will be in hell. **

We don’t know the state of a person’s soul at the second of his/her death … only God knows that.

as usual, you have not even bothered to check out the CA homepage on the topics you bring up, so I will save you the time

catholic.com/library/Hell_There_Is.asp

[quote=BillyBayou613]The warning of the Scriptures is that our sins send us to hell.

BB
[/quote]

huh?

I haven’t the foggiest idea what you’re trying to say. Try again.

[quote=squeekster]Of course there will be Catholics in hell. But there will be Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, and who knows who all else there also. That’s because the name over the door has nothing to do with whether or not you get into Heaven. What you do with Jesus and ONLY what you do with Jesus is what gets you into Heaven.
[/quote]

Not quite. There is no disunity of belief after death. Further it is more than just “Jesus and me” as Jesus said himself when He said that not all those who cry Lord, Lord will be saved but rather those who live the Great Commandment of Loving the Lord with all of our heart, mind, and soul, and loving our neighbor as ourselves. Remember that communion with God and communion with our fellow man cannot be separated.

BB
[/quote]

I’m not clear on what you are asking, given the thread title. Can tie it all together and enlighten us on your key points please. Thank you.

Yours in Christ.

BB
[/quote]

One of us must be confused and I never get confused LOL,Your question was can Catholics go to hell and the answer is yes,I do believe some Catholics will go to hell

[quote=Ignatius]I’m not clear on what you are asking, given the thread title. Can tie it all together and enlighten us on your key points please. Thank you.

[/quote]

Looks like BillyBayou613 is nothing but another hit and run poster.

[quote=mosher] as Jesus said himself when He said that not all those who cry Lord, Lord will be saved but rather those who live the Great Commandment of Loving the Lord with all of our heart, mind, and soul, and loving our neighbor as ourselves.
[/quote]

Where did you find that in the bible? I really want to show that to someone at my school. I’m trying to give him proof of Catholic beliefs, and that supports something I’ve been talking to him about.

Will any catholics be in hell? Let us know when you get there?

[quote=nMbR1BaRlOwGiRl]Where did you find that in the bible? I really want to show that to someone at my school. I’m trying to give him proof of Catholic beliefs, and that supports something I’ve been talking to him about.
[/quote]

Matthew 7:21

[quote=squeekster]Of course there will be Catholics in hell. But there will be Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, and who knows who all else there also. That’s because the name over the door has nothing to do with whether or not you get into Heaven. What you do with Jesus and ONLY what you do with Jesus is what gets you into Heaven.
[/quote]

Well said I think you may be surprised at some of the people you find there. I remember reading some of the books by Saints and how they saw some Bishops with their mitres and priests. The more knowledge you have the more accountable you are. We are all called to bring souls to Christ. So I ask myself when I stand before God will I have brought more souls to Christ or away from Christ. Hopefully I will not come up short. I did have a past and hopefully I have made amends for the souls I did not help win for Christ.

[quote=Toni]Well said I think you may be surprised at some of the people you find there. I remember reading some of the books by Saints and how they saw some Bishops with their mitres and priests. The more knowledge you have the more accountable you are. We are all called to bring souls to Christ. So I ask myself when I stand before God will I have brought more souls to Christ or away from Christ. Hopefully I will not come up short. I did have a past and hopefully I have made amends for the souls I did not help win for Christ.
[/quote]

Which makes me think of one of my favorite quotes, from John Chrysostom (I think): “The floor of hell is paved with the skulls of bishops”.

I must say our fiend Billy seems to be somewhat of hit & run artist. I have followed his threads and they seem to lead no where. His salvation will be in my prayers so that he may come into the truth & communion of Our Lord Jesus. Altough my prayers are with him I am not and must dust off my sandals and switch on the ignore which has graciously been supplied on this site.

I suggest we all pray for him so that the Holy Spirit will drag him back home like he has done for so many of us. (kicking & screaming for me anyway)

Peace :thumbsup:

He’s a member of “The House of Yahweh”, an anti-Catholic/anti-Christian cult. Look Here..
Pax vobiscum,

[quote=shannin]**It’s not for us to try to figure out who will be in hell. **

We don’t know the state of a person’s soul at the second of his/her death … only God knows that.
[/quote]

AMEN!!! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.