Will you please pray for my mental state?

I have been knocked down from friends and life in general and now, I feel battered like a ship in a storm. I am drained of energy, in my heart/spirit and have lost my vicor. I’m usually a perky person but find I weep every day and can’t seem to snap out of it. I let people take advantage of me thinking I had to give until it caused me to almost break down. Plus, my Dad also has dementia and and I live with him. It’s getting harder for me to be his primary caregiver because I suffer with illnesses that hurt every day and the stress that is heaped on me is now becoming unmanageable. All of this combined is killing me and I need help. (I’m in tears writing this.)

I pray to God every day for relief and strength but I know I need assistance to make my prayers more intensive. “When two or more are gathered in His Name” etc. I will continue to pray without ceasing and please know I will pray for you too. :slight_smile:

love,
Your Friend. :heart:

I care for my elderly mother and can understand, to a degree, your situation. You are in my prayers.

You are in my prayers. I have never taken care of a parent with dimentia, or anyone for that matter, so I can only imagine the difficulty it presents. But remember, you must take of yourself as well. And that’s not alway easy to do. Please know that Our Lord is with you and His Mother is Our Mother - she is there for us. :gopray2::hug3:

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Resuscitate Randirhoades’ spirit to give her new vigor, peace and hope. May she endure and find a good priest to unload her burdens upon and to get some pastoral assistance from. May she know she can always send me a PM if she ever needs friendship. Lord, may Randirhoades place all her confidence in your merciful love and be totally surrendered to it. May she accept what comes directly from you in life and change what you want her to change. May she see if someone can help her take care of her father, and may she try and get away for a little while, even if only for a day to spend on retreat in prayer. Randirhoades is in pain and can’t take any more. Please help her find the extra help she needs to care for her father and help her take care of her personal needs. If she doesn’t take care of herself, she can’t take care of anyone. She doesn’t have to be selfish in the least, she just needs to get someone to help her with her needs.

She needs you now more than ever. Please let her experience your loving care in a special way today. May your love and the love of family, friends, and strangers help sustain her and bring her relief. Heal her batterness completely and restore your daughter with new hope. Get her to Mass as frequently as possible, as she really needs the graces from the Eucharist to help keep her going strong in faith, hope and love during these difficult times. Take care of your suffering daughter and bless her with a healing. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

I will pray fro you. Although I’ve never had to be a full-time caretaker, I do suffer from depression and know how stress exacerbates it.

Perhaps your priest could direct you to some resources for support and/or respite care – where someone takes care of your dad while you get a break?

Peace,
Francesca

My husband has Alzheimer’s and my sympathies are with you! You sound depressed, naturally! Is there a support group that you could join? It’s nice to know that you are not alone. Life can be overwhewlming and yes, God is the answer, but sometimes He sends other people to be with us and console us. Please seek some counseling. May God bless both you and your father. :hug1:

Jesus please take randirhoades to Your loving care.
In the mental and emotional pain he is experiencing, is the cry of the poor that pierces the clouds. Please take him, and his dad, into Your particular care.

No, Love, you don’t have to keep giving until you break down. As Jesus said, “Love others as you love yourself”. There is a hidden command in those words that some peole don’t notice, “as you love yourself” includes, "love yourself rightly.
You are nurturing your Dad, but you need also to nurture yourself wisely.

It’s not doing others a favor if you allow them to take advantage of you to your serious detriment. It teaches them to be selfish towards someone who, rather, needs some genuine support and friendship. :slight_smile:

I’d hug you if I could, but I do ask Jesus to hug you and love you through, and out of, your depression. Please, as you take care of your Dad, nurture yourself as much as you can manage, because Jesus doesn’t wish you to be beaten into depression, He loves you too.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

St. Dymphna, holy patron of those with mental troubles, pray for RandirHoades. :crossrc:

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
pray for us sinners
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
pray for us sinners
Amen

Jesus please take randirhoades to Your loving care.
In the mental and emotional pain he is experiencing, is the cry of the poor that pierces the clouds. Please take him, and his dad, into Your particular care.

Jesus lease embrace and love randirhoades through, and out of, depression. Please, take care of randirhoades’ Dad, while taking wise care of personal wellbeing

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your strength of mind and for the health of your father …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Jesus, as You calmed the storm in the boat for Your disciples, please calm the storm of randirhoades troubles.
Please give randirhoades the help and support of others so that this great load is not carried alone.

now and at the hour of our death.Amen

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions today for your child randirhoades who is having a difficult and challenging time in her life, and who, despite her faith, is feeling quite down and under duress. Please bless and strengthen dear randirhoades, and send compassionate and caring people into her life who can assist with the care her father needs. Please also help her to maintain her prayer life and connection to your beloved son Jesus to give her courage and hope for a positive outcome through the myriad of trials she faces. Please help our friend to feel your healing consoling presence and to be the face of Jesus to all she meets, especially her father. Your child randirhoades has been through a great deal of suffering and needs some rest and loving kindness at this time.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions today for your child randirhoades who is having a difficult and challenging time in her life, and who, despite her faith, is feeling quite down and under duress. Please bless and strengthen dear randirhoades, and send compassionate and caring people into her life who can assist with the care her father needs. Please also help her to maintain her prayer life and connection to your beloved son Jesus to give her courage and hope for a positive outcome through the myriad of trials she faces. Please help our friend to feel your healing consoling presence and to be the face of Jesus to all she meets, especially her father. Your child randirhoades has been through a great deal of suffering and needs some rest and loving kindness at this time.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.