Will you say a prayer for me?

I missed mass this weekend, for the first time in a long time. I overslept. I’ve been sad and crying on and off throughout the day. I know it’s a mortal sin and I can’t handle living in a state of mortal sin. The spiritual brokenness hurts worse than any physical pain I’ve dealt with. I know it sound like I’m exaggerating but this is really difficult for me. I’ve felt self hatred throughout the day and somewhat sick (probably stress) and I keep feeling like bad things are trying to bring me down even more. My church doesn’t offer confession until Saturday.
I’m in my last week of school and taking important tests. I’m worried that everything will crash and burn this week if I continue on without confession. There’s another church that offers confession at 6:45-7:00am on weekdays however, I can’t drive myself there. I might be able to ask my dad if he can take me. I just don’t think I can walk into school tomorrow knowing how badly I screwed up and look the two most religious people I know right in the eyes in class. My two religion teachers have always been there for me and supported me in faith when no one else did. Tomorrow is my last day of school. I don’t want it to be ruined by me being in a state of mortal sin. I also have to help with graduation mass on Friday. I’d have to go up for a blessing during communion. I’ve never had to do that before (other than before first communion). I might be able to ask my dad to to take me to confession first thing tomorrow morning but it isn’t really convenient for him and I’m worried he will just think I’m over exaggerating.
I don’t mean to force my problems on you at all, I just need help. I’m so stressed out over this and all the work I have to do tonight. I have an essay, trigonometry, Spanish…and only an hour and a half left before midnight. I feel like crying even more and every time I start to think about praying I feel even more broken and feel unworthy to speak to God. I try to remind myself that He still loves me but that makes me hate myself even more for breaking our relationship. How could I be so foolish as to let excessive sleep come between me and God? I’m sorry for what I did. I never want to miss Mass ever again.

Hail Mary…

I’d advise getting to confession during the week. In the meantime, don’t worry, the state of your soul shouldn’t have an effect on your academic ability.

Oh my dear, hurting Catholic,

You overslept.

You did NOT make a conscious decision to avoid Mass. That means you did NOT commit a mortal sin.

Read this, from the Catechism, especially the part I have bolded.

1859 Mortal sin requires full knowledge and complete consent. It presupposes knowledge of the sinful character of the act, of its opposition to God’s law. It also implies a consent sufficiently deliberate to be a personal choice. Feigned ignorance and hardness of heart133 do not diminish, but rather increase, the voluntary character of a sin.

You did not consent at all. You overslept. Yes, you need to confess, but no, your life is not falling apart. Take your tests knowing that Jesus loves you so very much… :heaven:

:crossrc:Praying for your peace,

The OP’s name is TheologyStudent. I assume that he knows the conditions for mortal sin and whether or not he met them.

What you really need to do is just relax and take a few big breaths ,
You are obviously an intelligent young person, you need to learn to relax and not take things to serious , if your stressed now, then you ain’t seen nothin yet,
In time you will come across a lot of stressful situations …it’s how you learn to cope with stress, there will be times you miss mass, or other occasions that are more or less important, just concentrate on your education first and everything else will fall into place all by itself, don’t upset yourself over by small mistakes,

Lord, grant this soul many graces for wisdom, temperance, and joy. Lead them through this incident toward your eternal garden of joy, now and forever, with angelic help. Our Lady, pray with us. Amen.

God should come first.

Lord please embrace our friend who is so anxious for missing Mass.Please forgive him and allay his worries and grant him comfort and healing from this worry Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.