William F Buckley Jr

http://andrew1769.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/wfb.jpg

I was strolling through the library and came upon a biography of an old friend. Here are some reading selections that recall his wit and humor, his unerring sense of grace and exuberance. Ah, Bill, I miss you so much and the country is going to hell without you...

payingattentiontothesky.com/2010/07/26/william-f-buckley-jr-patron-saint-of-the-conservatives-%e2%80%93-john-b-judis/

dj

I miss him too.

William F. Buckley, Jr. was a true pioneer.

Everyone should read his books starting with "God and Man at Yale".

And while you're at it, take out a mailed subscription to "National Review". Show your support AND have some solid political writing to mull over ... away from the madness and multitasking of the internet.

www.nationalreview.com

Thanks for the reminder. It hasn't been the same since he's been gone...

nrd.nationalreview.com/article/?q=ZGMxYjAzMTFlNDBjZTU2ZjMxY2JiYWI4NzkzMDA2MDE=

The link is to a wonderful article about WFB Jr by his son, Christopher (no comment).
I thought WFB's Firing Line was a lesson in civility. WFB discussed issues w/ people whose world view or politics he found repugnant & said so but courtesy @ all times, w/ a twinkle in his eye and a zinger of a very very big word!
His RIP when his mother died was tender and memorable.

[quote="MJE, post:5, topic:206704"]
nrd.nationalreview.com/article/?q=ZGMxYjAzMTFlNDBjZTU2ZjMxY2JiYWI4NzkzMDA2MDE=

The link is to a wonderful article about WFB Jr by his son, Christopher (no comment).
I thought WFB's Firing Line was a lesson in civility. WFB discussed issues w/ people whose world view or politics he found repugnant & said so but courtesy @ all times, w/ a twinkle in his eye and a zinger of a very very big word!
His RIP when his mother died was tender and memorable.

[/quote]

I wonder if Christopher is regretting his endorseent of Obama?

I've never been much of a TV watcher, but I think I would have loved Buckley's TV show. Not only was he the intellectual equal of just about anyone on the left, he had wit, grace and could turn a phrase. I'll bet he rocked on that show.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.