Winter blues, boredome, burnout?

I truly don’t know why I feel this way, I have a great deal to be thankful for, but I have felt for some months a sort of joy-less-ness. Anybody else ever go thru this?

I don’t mean to sound ungrateful (esp at this time), but I’m bored at work. I come home and I’m just a total bum around my young kids. I want more than anything to be the involved parent and teach them all sorts of things, but I lack the patience. I just can’t get motivated to do the things I really want to do. I am struggling w/ distraction and sincerity in my prayer life, kind of going thru the motions, however I feel I must persevere.

I can’t remember the last time I laughed and I have to force myself to smile. WHAT IS UP W/ THIS??? Alright, I know I’m inclined toward the winter blues and there are seasons in life, but I find myself somewhat jealous of people of joy in all seasons. I just feel like a total bummer. Other times I tell myself that this is my lot in life considering how much like my mum I am and we tend to be hyper-critical of ourselves and others which is a downer too.

Maybe I just need a day off or something to recharge my battery. I know that this too shall pass, just wanted to open this subject to dialog and see if anybody else out there feels this way. How do you all cope?

You have been through a lot, judging from your posts over the last many months.
You probably need regular self-nurture…and maybe some prayers which I’m happy to give.
You’re only human. You’re also working as well as looking after your family. Be as kind to yourself about all this as I would be to you. And that’s very kind.

:coffee::coffee: :console:

Lots of love, Trishie

Winter sucks - but it’s almost over. I think you have the winter blues. It’s always darkest just before dawn. Pretty soon Spring will be here and we can watch the magic of God’s creation come alive before our eyes. Spring is the awesomest time of year!

Whenever I get down, I think about heaven. It will be a reward beyond any of our expectations and it is kept in heaven for us (see the first chapter of I Peter). It makes me so glad to think that that is my inheritance!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.