Wisconsin blocks federal funds from reaching Planned Parenthood

(Reuters) - Wisconsin Republican Governor Scott Walker signed two bills into law on Thursday that block federal funding from Planned Parenthood and could cost the local organization millions of dollars.

Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin could lose about $7.5 million a year because of the measures, an organization spokeswoman said.

Texas, Louisiana other Republican-controlled states tried to halt funding for the reproductive health organization after an anti-abortion group released videos last summer purported to show Planned Parenthood officials trying to negotiate prices for aborted fetal tissue. Under federal law, donated human fetal tissue may be used for research, but profiting from its sale is prohibited.

uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN0VR2OK?irpc=932

Thank you Governor Walker and others for making this happen.

I’m so glad. I hate to be a buzz-kill, but I’m going to :popcorn: while waiting for news of legal challenge.

The Reuters article does not mention that the funds are being directed elsewhere:

Walker approved AB 310, a measure that will shift taxpayer funding away from abortion facilities to comprehensive health centers, eliminating $3.5 million in public funding to Planned Parenthood

liveactionnews.org/wisconsin-gov-scott-walker-defunds-planned-parenthood/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.