Wisconsin Senate passes cuts to Planned Parenthood

Wisconsin Republicans took another step Wednesday in their push to defund Planned Parenthood, with the state Senate passing two bills that would cost the organization millions of dollars every year.

One bill would require abortion providers to bill Medicaid only for the actual acquisition costs and dispensing fees for birth control drugs, a change that would cost Planned Parenthood an estimated $4.5 million per year. The other would take away about $3 million in federal grant money the organization receives every year.

The bills are part of a three-pronged package of legislation Republicans introduced after videos showing a Planned Parenthood medical director in southern California meeting with people posing as potential buyers of intact fetal specimens. National Planned Parenthood officials have said the videos were misleadingly edited as part of a smear campaign.

wisn.com/politics/wisconsin-senate-passes-cuts-to-planned-parenthood/37547956

:thumbsup:

I think this is the ninth state, but I can’t find a list of them anywhere. I feel Texas, Kansas, Ohio, and maybe Utah are some of them.

If more and more states continue defunding, would it reach the Supreme Court?

There are already precedents that neither the federal government nor states are obliged to pay for abortion.

Reduced PP funding warms my heart on a cold winter night.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Excellent:)

Good to hear.

Mary.

What does this have to do with SCOTUS?

I believe the funding is redirected to other community health centers that are more than qualified to deliver the same prescribed services.

Great news. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.