"Wise Blood" by Flannery O'Connor

Does anyone understand what this book is about? I had a hard time understanding what point Ms. O’Connor was trying to get at.

Haven’t read all of her stuff yet,including" Wise Blood", but love what I have read.Also have visited her childhood home several times & just went to Andalusia, her farm in Milledgeville, GA. It needs lots of restoration work.A very cool place to visit, though.
Will have to get a copy of “Wise Blood” soon.

Here is one post that proves how seeing a movie first can ruin an experience. I have not read the book, even though I have loved her work my entire life. I graduated from the same college, am a rare Southern Catholic, and think Flannery O’Connor was the best. We would have a lot in common if O’Connor were alive today. I think seeing the movie ruined it for me.

The movie was filmed in my hometown and included at least one person I know fairly well. Even then, I did not care for the movie because it was so very strange. Is the book that off-beat?

Guess we’ll have to read the book to find out!:slight_smile:
“A Good Man’s Hard To Find” wasn’t your typical down home story of a family vacation, either…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.