witchcraft

Hi, I studied Witchcraft for about 2 years, That was about 3 years ago. Igothers out of it but I still have dreams about returning. The things I liked about it was that you are in tuned with the earth, nature, moon and you celebrate the seasons according to the harvest.I think that people jump to conclusions about it. I don’t know. What to do.

Like St Francis, worhip and praise God through nature:

Most High, all-powerful, all-good Lord, All praise is Yours, all glory, all honour and all blessings.

To you alone, Most High, do they belong, and no mortal lips are worthy to pronounce Your Name.

Praised be You my Lord with all Your creatures,
especially Sir Brother Sun,
Who is the day through whom You give us light.
And he is beautiful and radiant with great splendour,
Of You Most High, he bears the likeness.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Moon and the stars,
In the heavens you have made them bright, precious and fair.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Brothers Wind and Air,
And fair and stormy, all weather’s moods,
by which You cherish all that You have made.

Praised be You my Lord through Sister Water,
So useful, humble, precious and pure.

Praised be You my Lord through Brother Fire,
through whom You light the night and he is beautiful and playful and robust and strong.

Praised be You my Lord through our Sister,
Mother Earth
who sustains and governs us,
producing varied fruits with coloured flowers and herbs.
Praise be You my Lord through those who grant pardon for love of You and bear sickness and trial.

Blessed are those who endure in peace, By You Most High, they will be crowned.

Praised be You, my Lord through Sister Death,
from whom no-one living can escape. Woe to those who die in mortal sin! Blessed are they She finds doing Your Will.

No second death can do them harm. Praise and bless my Lord and give Him thanks,
And serve Him with great humility.

I agree with Michael Mayo.

If one is in a state of grace, there should also be a sense of unity with nature. Original sin ruptured the union between God and man, man and himself, man and others, and man and nature.

They aren’t tuned with the earth at all. They may think so, and perhaps they celebrate these things more than other religions do, but that doesn’t mean they are closer with them. Do what the previous posters recommend, take the St. Francis approach. There is nothing wrong with enjoying nature. I do it all the time, this is one way that I commune with God. But when you start with the pagan rituals and start worshipping that which you should not, giving over to divination, you are committing an abomination against God. The second commandment the Lord God gave unto Moses at Mount Sinai was “You shall have no strange gods before me.” There is only one true God and he doesn’t share a place in your heart with false ones. Do not make the mistake of thinking that religion is a matter of personal preference, like flavors of ice cream. It is a matter of truth, and the truth does not change from person to person.

Interesting…

If it is the Earth nature and moon you are after then you can still be as close within Christianity at least my priest is teaching me how to use nature as Gods’ Beauty in my way of praying which was also my penance thlis last confession and beautiful it was too. I think you got to explore different ways of prayer and be as close and healhier with the Earth and nature with God than witchcraft because witchcraft doesn’t worship God. You can use nature to worship God by being with God. I think I would encourage you to find a spiritual director one of whom may be a Franiscian as previously mentioned though my priest is an Oblate so may be Benedictine style is good because I am very close to God with nature, closer than in Church but only coz of my own other issues in reality and yes so I am Anglican but you can 100% worship God even Catholic Worship God and be in touch with Earth and Nature of which the moon is nature per se so I think you got to find your style within Catholic teaching and although it taken me 25 years. some of that it because it taken me a good 23 years to seriously ask. I did ask and one priest did start me off in the right direction but I needed better guidence and getting that now. You can be 100% happy in prayer with God with Earth and Nature too. No need to forgoe them, just different useage may be.
Happy pilgrimage
:slight_smile:

Our Lord God is the creator of nature and of us!

Nature is beautiful and only a reflection of the total beauty of our Lord.

In the Liturgical calendar we have the rhythm of our Lord’s advent, birth, life, death and resurrection.

Everything else is a pale shadow to the infinite beauty of the truth that Jesus, is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Pray for the desire to know more about our loving Lord.

Witchcraft today is more akin to pantheism.

In their relm, they treat the gifts of God in creation, as gods themselves. They place more importance in the gifts of nature, than the giver.

It would be akin to a child who receives a bicycle for Christmas, and placing all his love and importance on the bike, and ignoring his parents who gave him the gift.

No Christian should ever be involved with witchcraft, regardless of how harmless it seems.

As Michael Mayo posted, St. Francis saw God in creation and praised God for the gifts.

Jim

Amen!

The Bible mentions twice that witchcraft is a capital offense. It also says to test the Spirit the reason being is when a person practices sorcery they are not contacting God, his saints, or his angels. The spirits they contact are demonic. I’ve known people who have practiced witchcraft and all of them have talked about terrifying spiritual experiences. Seeing and hearing very scary things. I’d advise you to stay clear of witchcraft for your safety and for those around you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.