Witches and wizards

my dad said that thiers nothing really wrong with contacting spirits. he said that its only because we are sinners that we are not aloud to do it. is he being mislead

such as?

do you think thiers any truth about what happen in mexico, im talking about the aliens that crash landed. have you ever seen the video where there operating on one of the aliens from the crashed ufo?. if you have, what do you think about it?

[quote=freesoulhope]do you think thiers any truth about what happen in mexico, im talking about the aliens that crash landed. have you ever seen the video where there operating on one of the aliens from the crashed ufo?. if you have, what do you think about it?
[/quote]

I’m afraid I don’t know what you’re talking about, so I can’t really answer it. Sorry :frowning:

[quote=freesoulhope]my dad said that thiers nothing really wrong with contacting spirits. he said that its only because we are sinners that we are not aloud to do it. is he being mislead
[/quote]

It is a mortal sin to do that (First Commandment).

**Divination and magic

CCC 2115 God can reveal the future to his prophets or to other saints. Still, a sound Christian attitude consists in putting oneself confidently into the hands of Providence for whatever concerns the future, and giving up all unhealthy curiosity about it. Improvidence, however, can constitute a lack of responsibility.

CCC 2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to “unveil” the future.48 Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

CCC 2117 All practices of magic or sorcery, by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one’s service and have a supernatural power over others - even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion. These practices are even more to be condemned when accompanied by the intention of harming someone, or when they have recourse to the intervention of demons. Wearing charms is also reprehensible. Spiritism often implies divination or magical practices; the Church for her part warns the faithful against it. Recourse to so-called traditional cures does not justify either the invocation of evil powers or the exploitation of another’s credulity.**

Like many other posters have told you, why don’t you do research first and only come here if you can’t find the answers. All catholics should read the Bible and the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC). If you can’t afford to buy a CCC the entire CCC is free online at this website:

www.scborromeo.org/index2.htm

[quote=freesoulhope]my dad said that thiers nothing really wrong with contacting spirits. he said that its only because we are sinners that we are not aloud to do it. is he being mislead
[/quote]

Yes, he’s being misleading.

thank you for you reply, i new it was a lie, but somtimes, lies find a loop hole in are brains, i used to want to believe in things like this and have powers, i guess satan knows this, so he tempted me. alot of people like to think that, if we didnt fall in the garden of eden. then we would have magical powers and pycic abilitys, but because we fell in to sin we where not aloud to use them. i have made up my mind that this isnt true.

[quote=freesoulhope]thank you for you reply, i new it was a lie, but somtimes, lies find a loop hole in are brains, i used to want to believe in things like this and have powers, i guess satan knows this, so he tempted me. alot of people like to think that, if we didnt fall in the garden of eden. then we would have magical powers and pycic abilitys, but because we fell in to sin we where not aloud to use them. i have made up my mind that this isnt true.
[/quote]

No response to post #5??

what do you mean? i fail to comprehend the meaning of this mysterious writing :confused:

[quote=freesoulhope]what do you mean? i fail to comprehend the meaning of this mysterious writing :confused:
[/quote]

What’s mysterious?
A thread is what you started and everyone’s comments are called posts and numbered at the righthand side.
I replied to your question in post #5 and was expecting you in turn to comment.

forgive brother i was totally un aware of the numbering. yes, what you say is true and i will read the caticism, i believe it may hold other information i might need. i want to be a pylosipha, i often think about god and strain my mind in order to undestand him, yet i fail to read the information neccerary to do so. i read alot of things from the rock. and i have read some things from the catacisim. I look up alot of cathpolic sites, but some times i cant find what im looking for. i liuke people who pylosaphise about god, not just about Catholic doctrine but also his existence and what he wants, why he wants it, what heaven might be like, i like to read about conversions and miracles. and i also want to speak to people hear about thier storys, it feels better then reading somthing that doesnt talk back to you( i know im a hypocrite, im just starting to get the hang of this thing, its not on perpose.

[quote=freesoulhope]forgive brother i was totally un aware of the numbering. yes, what you say is true and i will read the caticism, i believe it may hold other information i might need. i want to be a pylosipha, i often think about god and strain my mind in order to undestand him, yet i fail to read the information neccerary to do so. i read alot of things from the rock. and i have read some things from the catacisim. I look up alot of cathpolic sites, but some times i cant find what im looking for. i liuke people who pylosaphise about god, not just about Catholic doctrine but also his existence and what he wants, why he wants it, what heaven might be like, i like to read about conversions and miracles. and i also want to speak to people hear about thier storys, it feels better then reading somthing that doesnt talk back to you( i know im a hypocrite, im just starting to get the hang of this thing, its not on perpose.
[/quote]

Its also good to hear what people say but you really should get to grips with the basics about the faith. It will then be easier for you to discuss things.

I forgot to ask you something. You mention you live in London. Are you English or a foreign national living there? I’m also curious if you are the only Catholic in your family.

i undestand and respect you jurgement.God bless :thumbsup:

my dad is catholic, but its hard to be around him because he suffers from servere depresion and has a drinking problem, but i try to keep in contact with him to show him there are people that love him. my mum and dad live in different parts of london. i live with my mum, who is a socailist. so apart from my dad, i am the only catholic in my family. i think my grandma is religous, i think shes anglican, but she is damaged, she not sombody you bare your soul to or speak about complicated things, she likes to talk about the weather and gardening. i was born and raised in london :slight_smile:

[quote=freesoulhope]my dad is catholic, but its hard to be around him because he suffers from servere depresion and has a drinking problem, but i try to keep in contact with him to show him there are people that love him. my mum and dad live in different parts of london. i live with my mum, who is a socailist. so apart from my dad, i am the only catholic in my family. i think my grandma is religous, i think shes anglican, but she is damaged, she not sombody you bare your soul to or speak about complicated things, she likes to talk about the weather and gardening. i was born and raised in london :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing. You will be in my prayers.

[quote=freesoulhope] so apart from my dad, i am the only catholic in my family. i think my grandma is religous, i think shes anglican, but she is damaged, she not sombody you bare your soul to or speak about complicated things, she likes to talk about the weather and gardening. i was born and raised in london :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Here’s some good resources for info on wichcraft, demonolgy, and wicca: thedavincicodedemolished.com/witchcraft-paganism-exorcism.html

hi all i dont really know how to start asking these questions so i’ll jump right in.

i think i want to go back to being Catholic but i don’t know if i can, i took first communion but then my Dad moved me to texas and when i was about 12 i got initiated into gardenian wicca and became a priest.

but i didnt like it and quit coz the people scared me. i went back to Canada and didnt go to church at all. i joined a church later but i think it waqs a cult more than a religon and i left that too.

i think i want to go back to being a Catholic, can i erase the past?and forget about wicca and all the other things?

sorry if this has been asked before.

=hiorab

[quote=Horab]hi all i dont really know how to start asking these questions so i’ll jump right in.

i think i want to go back to being Catholic but i don’t know if i can, i took first communion but then my Dad moved me to texas and when i was about 12 i got initiated into gardenian wicca and became a priest.

but i didnt like it and quit coz the people scared me. i went back to Canada and didnt go to church at all. i joined a church later but i think it waqs a cult more than a religon and i left that too.

i think i want to go back to being a Catholic, can i erase the past?and forget about wicca and all the other things?

sorry if this has been asked before.

=hiorab
[/quote]

Yes, you can, if you wish to move on into the Light of Christ. I know, because I myself was a Wiccan for 2 years, which has given me much knowledge of the Craft. But always make sure that your heart is in the right place, or else you will grow impatient and began to doubt.

When your heart is yearning for the Catholic Church, it is time. :slight_smile: The learning begins once you accept the calling of God!

Good to hear you want to return to the True Faith, without which you cannot be saved :slight_smile:

Gerald Gardner and Alex Sanders (basing themselves on the discredited work of Margret Murray) are the real founders of modern “witchcraft” - Wicca.

Even though this is “Witchcraft Lite” it is still a denial of the True God and the indulgence in sin and thus leads to damnation. It is like Anton Le Vay’s version of Satanism which is nothing more than extreme self indulgenece and using Satan as a symbol and not a real entity.

It is amazing how many people have fallen into the false belief in the “antiquity” of “wicca”.

Shows you people will believe just about anything these days.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.