With friends like this

catholiccitizens.org/press/contentview.asp?c=46479

who needs more enemies?

How much damage did Fr Kung really do to the Church?

Doesn’t Hans Kung have any defenders among the progressives here? He was quite a hit during Vatican II, so I hear.

Yes. I think you do him a disservice.

His name is spelled “Küng” – with an umlaut.

Other than that – meh. :shrug:

I think this was the most telling line in the article:

However, Fr Küng fell out with the Vatican and his former colleague in 1979 when he was stripped of the right to teach theology by Rome after criticising the doctrine of papal infallibility.

Clearly, he is not obedient and submissive to Rome…

If he had not been allowed to speak at Vatican II, things might have turned differently. But then there were also Rahner and others. Here’s one for you:

Karl Rahner, Hans Kung and Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger all die on the same day, and go to meet St. Peter to know their fate.

St. Peter approaches the three of them, and tells them that he will interview each of them to discuss their views on various issues.

He then points at Rahner and says “Karl! In my office…” After 4 hours, the door opens, and Rahner comes stumbling out of St. Peter’s office. He is highly distraught, and is mumbling things like “Oh God, that was the hardest thing I’ve ever done! How could I have been so wrong! So sorry…never knew…” He stumbles off into Heaven, a testament to the mercy of Our God.

St. Peter follows him out, and sticks his finger in Kung’s direction and “Hans! You’re next…” After 8 hours, the door opens, and Kung comes out, barely able to stand. He is near collapse with weakness and a crushed spirit. He , too, is mumbling things like “Oh God, that was the hardest thing I’ve ever done! How could I have been so wrong! So sorry…never knew…” He stumbles off into Heaven, a testament to the mercy of Our God.

Lastly, St. Peter, emerging from his office, says to Cardinal Ratzinger, “Joseph, your turn.” TWELVE HOURS LATER, St. Peter stumbles out the door, apparently exhausted, saying “Oh God, that’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done…”

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:blessyou:

<><

From a conversation overheard in the Papal apartments between the Holy Father and his valet:

“Um, Your Holiness, why are you wearing a button that says, ‘Kung Fu’?..I’m sorry?..Oh. Oh, dear…” :blush:

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.