Without Mary I am lost

Recently I have been subscribing to the protestant belief of Mary. I felt like Mary was a false idol, and I stopped saying the rosary. I’m not Catholic, but I strongly believe in the church, and will one day join.

I began to feel attacked by the devil. I began to question Jesus, our lord, and the Bible. I began going back to all the feelings I had before becoming a Christian. All the atheistic feelings.

Then I remember who made me a Christian. Whose intersession brought me to Christ. And it was Mary. I said 3 Hail Mary’s before bed, and then I drifted into sleep. I woke up with a burning love for Jesus today, and all my Atheistic feelings are gone. AVE MARIA!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just thought I would share.

Stick with Mary and you will not go wrong. She is a good mother to her children.
I’d be lost without her also.

From a Calvinist point of view (that’s me), please continue to learn about Mary the mother of Jesus. Be at ease Mary was chosen by God and is renowned for her subsequent faith and obedience.

That is a beautiful testament for Marian devotion.

Please start to say the Rosary every day. You will be surprised in the ways God will lead you much, much closer to Him through Mary.
Our Lady has asked us repeatedly to say the daily Rosary.

We are all Catholic because of Jesus. For Our Blessed Mother to intercede for those of us who need Her Son is the Heart of Mary bringing us to Him… ’ God bless you.

Thanks , @love4christ911 .

Keep up with the Hail Marys .

A late priest once told us of an event in his former parish .

He had been out and got back to the presbytery . There was a note waiting for him with an address for someone who needed a sick call .

Out he went to this address . A lady answered the door . No , she hadn’t requested a priest and wasn’t sick . But she did say that she was a Catholic , but had not been to church for years . She let the priest in and they began to chat . To cut a long story short , before the priest had left she had confessed , been absolved of her sins , and had made a committment to start frequenting the sacraments again .

The priest never found out why that address for a sick call was in the presbytery .

Oh , and before i forget .

When that lady had stopped going to church her mother had requested that she wouldn’t let a day go by without saying a Hail Mary . She did what her mum had asked .

You can make your own judgement about this , biut that is how it happened .

Not long ago I prayed to Our Lady for help with a relationship and I can tell you that I was helped within an hour or so in such a definite way that it was a mini miracle. Actually it was not a mini miracle it was a miracle! I feel reticent to go into details here but in all honesty it happened and I know that our Holy Mother is amazing.

I have read of many miracles regarding Our Lady but when something happens to you it Is a delightful shock! Ave Maria.

Incidentally when we pray in front of a statue of the Holy Mother the statue is an object, something to help focus on not an idol.

Dear love4christ911,

Thanks for sharing your beautiful testimony to the power of God’s Grace coming to you through Mary!!!

Would that every Catholic would read your testimony and repent for the neglect Mary suffers from many of us today. May she continue to guide you – as your Mother and Model – given in Jesus’ words from the Cross: “Behold your Mother”. Mary will guide you through the power of the Holy Spirit into the fullness of Truth God has given to the ONE Church Jesus founded.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your Faithful; kindle in us, the Fire of Your Love!. Jesus, we trust in You! Mary our Mother and Model intercede for us, that we may bring Jesus to the world through you, by the power of His Holy Spirit.

i’m a catholic teen in a protestant environment. lately, I’ve had trouble accepting some Marian dogmas. i want to believe that Catholics don’t worship Mary and that’s what the church says but then i see some Marian devotion prayers and the prayers of some saints to Mary in catholic prayer books and the words all sound like worship to me. they look like words you should be praying to Jesus and not to Mary.
like the Totus Tuus, for example

Tout Tuus is supposed to mean that we give ourselves entirely to Jesus through Mary.

“Totus tuus ego sum, et omnia mea tua sunt. Accipio te in mea omnia. Praebe mihi cor tuum, Maria.” (“I belong entirely to you, and all that I have is yours. I take you for my all. O Mary, give me your heart”)

but that’s not what this statement implies

the totus tuus is not the only example by the way…there are several others that seem to suggest a worship of Mary rather than simple hyperdulia veneration

That’s taken from St. Louis de Monfort’s book True Devotion to Mary and the book explains it better.

don’t lose sight of Mary

She will never, ever let you down ; think about praying the Rosary

try here

http://www.comepraytherosary.org/

I think especially after my mother died, I drew in even closer to Mary as a spiritual mother, as I still needed a mother and guide, even though mine was gone from this earth.

She doesn’t take the place of Jesus as people seem to misunderstand, but sometimes people just need a mother! She is a special protector, intercessor and great ally in the battle against evil.

She always helps.

I believe!

Our Lord gave us His Blessed Mother to be our Mother at the foot of the Cross.

She has brought many blessings to me by saying “Do whatever He tells you.”

I have oft heard it said that you shouldn’t be afraid to love Mary because you cannot love her more than Jesus did. Mary helps lead us into a deeper relationship with Jesus.

Luke 1:46 - 55

Mary said:
“My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden.
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
And his mercy is on those who fear him
from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm,
he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts,
he has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and exalted those of low degree;
he has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent empty away.
He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
as he spoke to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his posterity for ever.”

Two points for here particularly:

1. Mary prophesied that "all generations will call me blessed.
    and
  2. “My spirit magnifies the Lord”

So we know we are good to honor her, because she said we would, and we know she can help bring us closer to God, because her spirit magnifies (brings closer) the Lord.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.