Witnessing while @ Ecumenical Service, help fast!

Tomorrow evening my brother and I will l be attending my 1st ecumenical type service. It is a Taize’ prayer service and is non-denom. & ecumenical in nature.

My question is, is okay for me to wear a visible Crucifix? Note that I normally wear one. I don’t want to offend other Christians , but feel if I do wear one it will be witnessing for “our Church” and may lead to discussion in which I can practice my calling of apologetics and evangelization and if blessed may lead to an eventual conversion. The thought of that is exciting!

Am I right, or wrong or as usual some where in the middle(LOL)?

Seems to me it would be witnessing (preaching) Christ Crucified.

1 Corinthians 1:23
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

… I would :slight_smile:

Are there going to be Protestants there who will be wearing crosses? Unless there are posted rules forbidding you to wear a Crucifix then I don’t think you should have any problem. I would caution you though, to use this prayer service as a time for personal prayer and growth. If God wants you to get involved evanaelizing others he will make it clear at the appropriate time.

Not only would I wear the Crucifix, I would make the Sign of the Cross before and after prayer. When it’s your turn to pray, why not the Fatima Prayer? They want ecuminical? Give 'em ecuminical.

Funny story about that: When my oldest son was in the 1st grade he was the only Catholic kid in his class. His teacher (public school) would lead the class in a little thanksgiving song before lunch. By spring break he had every other kid in the class making the Sign of the Cross after the little song. :smiley:

He’s a pretty cool kid if I do say so myself.

Why stop at just that? Bring your Rosary, and you CCC. :thumbsup:

But in all seriousness, unless it is one of those Non-Denoms. which are Extreme Anti-Catholic Anti-Image churches I don’t think anyone would think twice about it.

But, if you want to bring in discusion of the Catholic Faith I would sugest showing your Catholic Faith in subtle ways (as not to come off rude) like what was sugested in the making the sign of the Cross, bringing your Rosary, something to show that you are Catholic and anyone who is interested in talking would know and could aproach. IMHO.

Awesome Story. You have a cool son. :cool:

Go as you are and be who you are.

If it turns out not to be for you, then perhaps that also is of the Holy Spirit.

Why go at all?

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.