Wk 1 - Day 1- "seeking true self-knowledge"

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today’s Mass readings are so appropriate to begin this week of “seeking true self -knowledge”, for we must begin with humility, as St. Louis de Montfort tells us. Without God we can do nothing (Jn 15:5):

…Therefore I will judge you, house of Israel,
each one according to his ways, says the Lord GOD.
Turn and be converted from all your crimes,
that they may be no cause of guilt for you.
Cast away from you all the crimes you have committed,
and make for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit.
Why should you die, O house of Israel?
For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies,
says the Lord GOD. Return and live! (excerpt- First Reading, from Ez 18)

Responsorial Psalm [PS 51:12-13, 14-15, 18-19]

R. (12a) Create a clean heart in me, O God.
A clean heart create for me, O God;
and a steadfast spirit renew within me.
Cast me not out from your presence,
and your Holy Spirit take not from me.
R. Create a clean heart in me, O God.
Give me back the joy of your salvation,
and a willing spirit sustain in me.
I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners shall return to you.
For you are not pleased with sacrifices;
should I offer a burnt offering, you would not accept it.
My sacrifice, O God, is a contrite spirit;
a heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.

Alleluia

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth;
you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

Gospel [MT 19:13-15]

Children were brought to Jesus
that he might lay his hands on them and pray.
The disciples rebuked them, but Jesus said,
“Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them;
for the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
After he placed his hands on them, he went away.

In “True Devotion”, paragraph 228, St. Louis wrote:

Every day they should say the Litany of the Holy Spirit, … They will turn to our Blessed Lady and beg her to obtain for them that great grace which is the foundation of all others, the grace of self-knowledge. For this intention they will say each day the Ave Maris Stella and the Litany of the Blessed Virgin

Click on Titles for links to prayers. Blessings to all on the Journey! I’d be grateful to hear from anyone who is also making this 33 Day journey in Preparation for Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary. :slight_smile:

Continuing on this journey with you Maria Christi. Thank you so much for posting the prayers.

Hi MariaChristi,

I am joining you starting from this point. The reason being that I had already completed the 12 initial days a couple of weeks ago, planning to finish on Aug 15, but due to work and other circumstances I had to interrupt my time so I am picking it up again here to get through all 33 days.

This is actually my second time trying to renew this year. My last attempt was interrupted partway through by my husband passing away in March. After being away from it for a week or two due to everything going on wih the funeral, I ended up finishing all the remaining days over a week or less so I wanted to do it again “correctly” but I am not having the greatest of luck with it. I hope Mary is understanding. I have a feeling she is.

Currently on day 6 of 12 day prep my consecration date will be Sept 15 feast of our lady of sorrows I had a failed attempted previously this year with the Feast of Our lady of mount Carmel being the date I would have made my consecration but I missed a few days and decided to abort as I wasn’t ready. This will be the first time for me making the consecration. Thanks for posting your journey Maria Christi!

Dear Katie,

Thanks so much for your reply. It is so good to have you and others with me on this journey. :slight_smile: Please let us continue to pray for one another and for all those in most need of God’s Mercy – especially for those who have no one to pray for them. Thanks again.

Dear Tis_Bearself,

Wonderful to have you along with us on the Journey! The death of your husband was something I cannot even imagine, but I am trusting the Lord if my husband is called home before I am then God will sustain me as He sustained you and as He sustained our dear Mother Mary when He took St. Joseph.

By God’s Grace, and only by His Grace can we do anything! So each time I set out to renew my Total Consecration, I am grateful for the graces He gives me and others. He is always inviting us to grow more like Mary, it seems to me. As I pondered the Mass Readings this morning, and later prayed the Joyful Mysteries, I thanked Him again for His great Goodness in giving Mary to us as Mother and Model.

Oh yes, Mary is understanding – for she has stood at the foot of the Cross and seen and heard Jesus’ Love for us. Oh yes, – for Jesus allowed her heart to be pierced with His so that she could share in His Great Love for us. Mary heard Jesus say, even as the crowd jeered at Him; she heard Him say, “Father forgive them, for they know not what they do”. God’s Love is Infinite and He has taught our Mother to be Merciful as He is Merciful.

Yes, Mary understands our weaknesses and she intercedes for us now and at the hour of our death. Let us with Mary, pray for one another and for all those in most need of God’s Mercy – especially those who have no one to pray for them.

Dear Thomas,

Thanks so much for your reply and for joining us on the Journey. To offer your Act of Total Consecration on the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows is a beautiful gift to our Mother. She is so neglected in the world today, by so many. The recent scandals in the Church have shown us again, how the evil one is at work, but we know that in the end Mary’s Immaculate Heart will triumph. Please let us pray for one another and for all those in most need of God’s Mercy – especially those who have no one to pray for them.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.