Wk 1 - Day 6 - "seeking true self-knowkedge"

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

How grateful we need to be for the “Gift” of Mary given to us by Jesus from His Cross! As we close this First week of our preparation for Consecration to Jesus through Mary tomorrow, we will spend the next week, seeking a deeper knowledge of Mary. St. Louis was given such grace to write his treatise on"True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin" for the Church.

Today, we return to chapter 2, and listen to the Wisdom God gave to St. Louis in writing:

1. …we must choose among all the devotions to the Blessed Virgin the one which will lead us more surely to this dying to self. This devotion will be the best and the most sanctifying for us. For we must not believe that all that glitters is gold, all that is sweet is honey, or all that is easy to do and is done by the majority of people is the most sanctifying. Just as in nature there are secrets enabling us to do certain natural things quickly, easily and at little cost, so in the spiritual life there are secrets which enable us to perform works rapidly, smoothly and with facility. Such works are, for example, emptying ourselves of self-love, filling ourselves with God, and attaining perfection.

The devotion that I propose to explain is one of these secrets of grace, for it is unknown to most Christians. Only a few devout people know of it and it is practised and appreciated by fewer still…

Every day they should say the Litany of the Holy Spirit , … They will turn to our Blessed Lady and beg her to obtain for them that great grace which is the foundation of all others, the grace of self-knowledge. For this intention they will say each day the Ave Maris Stella and the Litany of the Blessed Virgin

Please let us, by God’s Grace, pray for one another, for the Church and for all those in most need of God’s Mercy. Again, I would be grateful to hear from anyone who is making this journey of 33 Days in Preparation for Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary for the first time or is renewing their Consecration as I will be doing, God willing. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.