Wk 3 - Day 2 - "seeking to understand Jesus Christ better""

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

1. During the third week they should seek to understand Jesus Christ better. They may read and meditate on what we have already said about him. They may say the prayer of St. Augustine which they will find at the beginning of the second part of this book. Again with St. Augustine, they may pray repeatedly, “Lord, that I may know you,” or “Lord, that I may see.” As during the previous week, they should recite the Litany of the Holy Spirit and theAve Maris Stella, adding every day the Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus.

Hopefully, you have read the beautiful prayer of St. Auguastine which I posted yesterday from "True Devotion" chapter 2, Paragraph 67. Today, hopefully we will pray the prayers, suggested by St. Louis De Montfort, above in paragraph 230. being especially attentive to the Litany of the Holy Spirit. If we are to understand Jesus Christ better, we need to depend on the Holy Spirit sent to the Church to bring us into ALL Truth. Only God can give us this grace and deepen within us the supernatural Faith, Hope and Divine Charity He infused into our souls at Baptism.

Let us pray earnestly the “Ave Maris Stella” for Mary is our Mother who though completely human, was perfectly united to Her Incarnate Son, Jesus Christ. the Word Made Flesh in her womb. Finally, let us pray the Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus. with our hearts open to receive Him as Mary’s Heart received Him.

To the short ejaculatory prayers, “Lord, that I may know Thee” and “Lord that I may see”, I would like to add:

“O Jesus living in Mary, come and live in your servants, in the spirit of holiness, in the fullness of your power, in the perfection of your ways, in the truth of your virtues, in the communion of your mysteries. Rule over every adverse power, in your Spirit, for the glory of the Father. Amen.” – Prayer of Fr. Jean Olier, S.S. (1608-1657)

As we draw nearer to the end of our current 33 Day journey to Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary, please let us pray for one another, for the Church and for all those in most need of God’s Mercy.

Thank you MariaChristi :slight_smile: I hope I can organise myself well enough soon to consistently read your posts and take part properly.God bless you.

Dear Greenfields,

Pray to the Holy Spirit, dear sister in Christ. Jesus and the Father sent Him to the Church to bring us into ALL truth. God is a God of order and He will set your “little temple” in order if you continue to ask , and seek and knock. (cf Mt 7:7-11). Ask Hm to help you to receive Him, in His Word. Jesus told the Pharisees they did not “hear” Him because there was no room in their hearts.

Mary our Mother listened to every word Jesus spoke and pondered all in her heart. So must we. Thanks for your reply, and God bless you too! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.