Wk 3 - Day 4 - "acquiring a better understanding of Jesus" (continuing Advent)

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Blessings on this Solemnity of Mary’s Immaculate Conception! We are blessed as the Reading for Mass tells us:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us in Christ
with every spiritual blessing in the heavens,
as He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world,
to be holy and without blemish before Him.
In love He destined us for adoption to Himself through Jesus Christ,
in accord with the favor of His will,
for the praise of the glory of His grace
that He granted us in the beloved.

In Him we were also chosen,
> destined in accord with the purpose of the One
> who accomplishes all things according to the intention of His will,
> so that we might exist for the praise of His glory,
> we who first hoped in Christ. (Eph 1:3-6, 11-12)

We are encouraged also by St. Louis De Montfort in True Devotion:

1. … The Most High God came down to us in a perfect way through the humble Virgin Mary, without losing anything of His divinity or holiness. It is likewise through Mary that we poor creatures must ascend to almighty God in a perfect manner without having anything to fear.

God the Incomprehensible, allowed himself to be perfectly comprehended and contained by the humble Virgin Mary without losing anything of His immensity. So we must let ourselves be perfectly contained and led by the humble Virgin without any reserve on our part…

1. Show me a new road to our Lord, pave it with all the merits of the saints, adorn it with their heroic virtues, illuminate and enhance it with the splendour and beauty of the angels, have all the angels and saints there to guide and protect those who wish to follow it. Give me such a road and truly, truly, I boldly say - and I am telling the truth - that instead of this road, perfect though it be, I would still choose the immaculate way of Mary. It is a way, a road without stain or spot, without original sin or actual sin, without shadow or darkness,. When our loving Jesus comes in glory once again to reign upon earth - as He certainly will - He will choose no other way than the Blessed Virgin, by whom He came so surely and so perfectly the first time…

O Mary, Conceived without sin, pray for us!

Litany of the Holy Spirit -HERE
Ave Maris Stella - HERE
Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus - HERE

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.